Just Two Photos......

Cait Sith

Nice pics. Keep playing around with the settings and eventually you'll find something good.

And usually the higher the ISO the more noise in the picture, depending on the camera.

but the higher the ISO the less time you need to keep the shutter open vs lower ISO with higher speed shutter which might increase the chances of you getting blurred moving objects.

I'm curious as to why you would reduce the ISO and shutter speed for underground shots?
I thought you was a photographer? :P High ISO and quick shutter speed underground leads to dark, noisy pictures. Lower shutter speed gives more time for the picture to brighten.

but the higher the ISO the less time you need to keep the shutter open vs lower ISO with higher speed shutter which might increase the chances of you getting blurred moving objects.

Well its a trade-off. You can use a higher ISO for more light and shorter exposure time, at the risk of getting a grainy shot, while as using a lower ISO with a longer exposure time at the risk of getting a blurry shot, yet cleaner and less grainy. SLR's don't have this much of a problem.

Im really curious about FOVEON sensor DSLRs. I want to get a Sigma. From what I read over the years, the FOVEON sensor is way superior to a majority of the DSLRs sesnors that are out there and offer TRUE megapixel ratings.

The pics above do look sweet though

• 4 months later...

It's worth noting that noise reduction is possible whereas "blur reduction" is nonexistent.

In order to freeze a train in the subway, you have to go with at least ISO 640-800, perhaps even 1600 if your lens is not fast enough.

Yeah what Joe said. And if it's stationary then brace against a column or railing. If your camera has an eyepiece then use it as your head will steady the cam. If the train is moving then high ISO. Grain is better than blur.

Also use the sniper technique. Breathe, exhale and press the shutter button.

Archived