Whatever Became Of These Subway Cars?

EE Broadway Local

The R55 was a planned subway car order which evolved into the present R68/R68A class. The R67 and R83 I believe are work car orders. R110A(R130) and R110B(R131) were prototypes for the R142, R143, and R160. The R179 and R188 are currently still in the design phases and the R179 should be ordered anytime between 2010 and 2011. I also believe that the R188 is mostly a conversion of a couple hundred R142 cars.

Why do people STILL not get it that the R110/A/B were TEST trains and not intended to remain in service for a full lifetime?

I rode the R110B once...it was a cool train, but it's not going to come back so I don't get what all the fuss is about

As long as the possibility for fuss exists, fussing will prevail.

Why do people STILL not get it that the R110/A/B were TEST trains and not intended to remain in service for a full lifetime?

I rode the R110B once...it was a cool train, but it's not going to come back so I don't get what all the fuss is about

lol i understand...having never seen one myself I didn't have much to go on. They're being talked about like they should have been in revenue.

Never got to ride them, I don't mind watching vids [if any] of them in service, but I'm not going to lose much sleep over never having rode them or ever will.

But I will say I hope at least two cars of each is saved for the museum [of course I know it would be impossible being the R110a is a 5-car set and the R110B is a 3-car set], but still would be nice is all I'm saying.

Archived