Teenager hit by City Bus

CPBO

A teenager is in critical condition after being hit by a city bus in Queens this morning.

The incident happened around 7:45 at the intersection of Roosevelt Avenue and Main Street in Flushing.

Transit officials say the bus was going through the intersection, while the 15-year-old boy was crossing its path. He was hit by the left front of the bus, and fell to the ground.

Police say the victim was taken to New York Hospital Queens.

Whatta you kidding me ,when he got hit he saw the (MTA) logo but he was reaaly thinking reversed (A)(T)(M)
it was bus number 9992 out of college point a cng .....I for got if it was a 25 or 65........he got hit right in the middle of the street....a lot of cops and (MTA) road ops there.......the 25 and 65 and the qbx1 bus stop where push ahead a block.....it was mess down there....traffic was at a stand still

it was bus number 9992 out of college point a cng .....I for got if it was a 25 or 65........he got hit right in the middle of the street....a lot of cops and (MTA) road ops there.......the 25 and 65 and the qbx1 bus stop where push ahead a block.....it was mess down there....traffic was at a stand still

Thanks JFK ,so it was our bus ,Ididn't know which one

Good <R>eply:tup:(K)<R>

Its the BO's fault in the MTAs eyes its all gonna be on the BO go look at the markings... he was half way in the southbound lanes going northbound because he didn't wanna wait for a 12/15/14/26 to complete the turn on Main to go around so that accidents all on him now. A knockdown like that can easily be 6 months off the road

I think the B/O was on probation, the gothamist has this accident reported at 8:42am, I was listening to my scanner yesterday around 9:30am and since I mainly listen to the MTA Bus channels since it gets better reception then the TA.

I heard 2 dispatchers talking about a major incident yesterday morning, and one said that the B/O was on probation and it involved a CP depot bus, the other guy said, oh,oh, that can't be any good, see ya later, after that they stopped talking. But the way he said "see ya later" was in reference to the B/O involved in the accident. He will not only get fired but most likely never be able to work for the MTA in any title in the future.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/105896/teen-struck-by-city-bus-in-flushing/Default.aspx

I think the B/O was on probation, the gothamist has this accident reported at 8:42am, I was listening to my scanner yesterday around 9:30am and since I mainly listen to the MTA Bus channels since it gets better reception then the TA.

I heard 2 dispatchers talking about a major incident yesterday morning, and one said that the B/O was on probation and it involved a CP depot bus, the other guy said, oh,oh, that can't be any good, see ya later, after that they stopped talking. But the way he said "see ya later" was in reference to the B/O involved in the accident. He will not only get fired but most likely never be able to work for the MTA in any title in the future.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/105896/teen-struck-by-city-bus-in-flushing/Default.aspx

ouch, that really sucks for the bus operator, and miore than likely it was a pedestrian crossing on a red light

Its the BO's fault in the MTAs eyes its all gonna be on the BO go look at the markings... he was half way in the southbound lanes going northbound because he didn't wanna wait for a 12/15/14/26 to complete the turn on Main to go around so that accidents all on him now. A knockdown like that can easily be 6 months off the road

I got to tell you....I work out of CP and do alot of main street driving......those people at anyone of those crossings.....Roosevelt and Main.....39th and Main, Kissena and Main....the Kissena one with the new Pedestrain Island.....they run against the light all the time.....but the Roosevelt and Main....the Light will be red on them for like 4-5 seconds and they still run across......this is not going to be the first for this and it wont be the last.....I have seen people get hit by cars at that intersection.......in my eyes once the light is red and the ped....just keeps on crossing they got coming to them what they get.......they disregard the law.....this type of stuff happens......I am always on the horn at Mainstreet......

Archived