Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracknut

Extra fare enforcement

Does anyone know how the Transit Authority enforced the extra fare when travelling into the Rockaways during the 50's and 60's?

Don't Quote me on this, but I think there was some sort of Terminal for Fulton El trains, maybe Howard Beach Or Something, and then passengers had to change Trains that ran specifically In the Rockaways Via Hammels Wye. :confused:

me and my family used to take our vacations in the rockaways in the 60's but I dont remember. i do remember transfering somewhere to another train.

I think that you had to have a token to exit at any station south of

Broad Channel

That sounds logical. Make passengers pay the extra fare to get out the station sorta like the St. George terminal on the SIR.

me and my family used to take our vacations in the rockaways in the 60's but I dont remember. i do remember transfering somewhere to another train.

According to the 1967 map in the gallery you could have transfered to the CC to the rockaways. Maybe thats what you remember.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.