Toronto Transit Commission News, Info, etc..

TTC1700

Anything good of notice for June? I will be back in Toronto the first Weekend in June.

One PCC will be out on the 509 on Sunday. There's gonna be around 60-90 fishbowls around depending on how much 81xx coming in. The 512 ROW might be fully opened by then but I'm not sure cause Gunns Loop reconstruction is going really slow. A good place to visit is the York U BRT. You'll see Fishbowls going upwards of 60-70km/h. Can't think of much off the top of my head but I'll post more when I can.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll see if I can squeeze some time for that. I'm going up to visit a friend and she thinks the whole railfanning thing is geekish lol

If you came in on the 12th-13th, you would've been able to make it in for the Bus Roadeo at Arrow Rd Garage for the Sunday.

Edited by TTC1700

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.bombardier.com/en/transportation/media-centre/press-releases/details?docID=0901260d801135a2

Bombardier Transportation announced today that it has signed an agreement with Metrolinx for the exercise of 182 option vehicles, included in the June 2009 contract. The agreement is valued at approximately $770 million CDN ($745 million US, 617 million euros). Deliveries of these vehicles are scheduled to take place between 2013 and 2020. Under the agreement, up to an additional 118 vehicles could be ordered at a later date....

BT-PR-20100614-Metrolinx_Streetcars_Toronto-HR.jpg

Just received word that there might be a fishbowl slaughter following the G20 Summit here in Toronto. Apparently the TTC might retire the 112 remaining fishbowls including the ones that went through LEP. Looks like Calgary is gonna outlast us with their 103 fishbowls.

Just received word that there might be a fishbowl slaughter following the G20 Summit here in Toronto. Apparently the TTC might retire the 112 remaining fishbowls including the ones that went through LEP. Looks like Calgary is gonna outlast us with their 103 fishbowls.

I would expect the TTC to keep at least the LEP ones in storage for any short falls in the fleet