Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
SubaruWRX

What's with the blue seats?

I've noticing I think it was a R62 on the (7) they have a few light blue seats that really look out of place.. are these replacements from something else or what?

I doubt it's painted, it may be covering the old seats. The SMSed R44s (Staten Island) and the R46s have blue seats covering the old ones.

I doubt it's painted, it may be covering the old seats. The SMSed R44s (Staten Island) and the R46s have blue seats covering the old ones.

No it is a new coat of paint, after the seats have been resurfaced.

It is blue epoxy paint specifically designed to bond to fiberglass, it is not a cover, it is not plastic, it's paint.

Time to move on to another topic in a different thread.

- A

It's also a budget thing. Multicolored seats are apparently too expensive for the MTA.

So because the MTA doesn't want to buy paint from Home Depot we're stuck with bland, monotonous periwinkle seats

So because the MTA doesn't want to buy paint from Home Depot we're stuck with bland, monotonous periwinkle seats

Actually they ran out of the old stuff, and since the old fleet on A and B div are being phased out, what's the point in investing in large volumes of paint when the cars needing the paint are not even going to be there for much longer? :cool:

- A

The bland seating is not that different from the original colors of the seats on the R-32s – 42 as well as the original interior color of all of those car classes.

The bland seating is not that different from the original colors of the seats on the R-32s – 42 as well as the original interior color of all of those car classes.

That's right. Before the GOH, the R32s-R42s all had their seats painted light blue.

The multitone orange seated won't be going anywhere for a while. The oldest cars (R44) aren't intended to be replaced for another 7 years. Investing in the orange paint wouldn't be problematic in the sense of it being useless anytime soon.

They aren't new seats. It's simply a new coat of paint.

I thought it was a plastic sticky covering similar to the R62A (S) trk 1 with ads?

i wonder how thy place it with out leaving any bumps or so.

I thought it was a plastic sticky covering similar to the R62A (S) trk 1 with ads?

Nope, it's paint. On some cars it's already scratched and you can see the paint underneath it.

I would imagine that they sand the seats first to get rid of some of the bumps, then they paint them.