MTA employees on LIRR

XtraBoard

Im a conductor who works in the A division NYCT. My Wife and I just offered to buy a home in South Hempstead that was accepted. I really dont drive that much (still learning....sad I know) She does though. If I'm in Uniform to go to work from Hempstead to Flatbush ave Do I have to pay or i get the slide bc im in uniform. I dont know the policy on LIRR just want the info thanks.

Buy a ticket ( not a monthly ) and ride the rear of the train. Show your ticket and pass if you are asked for it. Sometimes it gets punched and taken, sometimes not. Either way be polite and say thank you. They have a job to do just like we do. Most of them are just being professional working under the same (MTA) people we do. I think rule # 1 is the same on the LIRR or Metro-North as it is in NYCT, CYA.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a shame that NYCT in all 5 boros,usually lets any one who is a MTA or neighboring transit company employee(after displaying ID) to ride free with no questions ask. But doesn't work the other way around.

I don't know is this true or not, but male conductors are more likely to give a fellow NYCTA employee a free ride but female conductors would never let you slide.

I don't know is this true or not, but male conductors are more likely to give a fellow NYCTA employee a free ride but female conductors would never let you slide.

I have always felt the same way. The female C/R's never show a professional courtesy for a fellow employee of the same company. I used to switch cars if I noticed that it was a female taking tickets in my car on LIRR.

Personally i always wondered why MTA employees who travel and use the MTA system itself LIRR,MNRR,NYCT,TBTA and etc have to pay.I am not a MTA worker but i am a customer and my opinion is that any MTA employee traveling to work and using another MTA service should at least have the right to use their sister systems free instead of paying.I don't know if anybody agrees but that's my 2 cents.

Personally i always wondered why MTA employees who travel and use the MTA system itself LIRR,MNRR,NYCT,TBTA and etc have to pay.I am not a MTA worker but i am a customer and my opinion is that any MTA employee traveling to work and using another MTA service should at least have the right to use their sister systems free instead of paying.I don't know if anybody agrees but that's my 2 cents.

Well Rock that's the way it should be, but we're dealing with the (MTA) and the (MTA) is a very greedy company that does not want to lose a single dollar. So they require all employees from different branches to pay on sistering system. I'am a station agent with the (NYCT) and I usually let anyone ride from other (MTA) companies or other rail system within the tri-state area. As long as they act mannerable , and don't just expect to ride free.

Management gets system wide passes (including bridges & tunnels) I hear.B)

The railroads began cutting down on letting us ride, because they claim our token clerks began refusing them. (which I heard was because of the bosses). So they take it out on all NYCT workers.

The funny thing is that we can't ride the other MTA branches for free but NYPD can. Plus they get free metro cards which most cops that I know give to there wives because they don't need them because they have gate keys and the station agent will ALWAYS let them in whether on or off duty if a badge is flashed.

Archived