MTA Employees on LIRR

XtraBoard

It depends on your approach. It's extremely insensitive to try to get an agents attention when they are dealing with customers. I never seen someone get rejected if they are step up and say " May I have a courtesy?". What I see frequently are inpatient gestures, banging on the booth window to get your attention and the show my id and with blank stare. Just be patient if the agent is dealing with someone wait. If you want a courtesy, act courteous. A guy from MTA Bus is in the background while I'm struggling to deal with a tourist whose English is limited. Flailing arms, waiving his ID, pointing towards the door. I said to him "I can only deal with one person at a time", His response, " I never did this before my first time asking." My response " That's the problem you did not ask, If you ask I'll accommodate you" LIRR and MNR are worse cause they come when it's insanely busy to a very busy station and have no patience

It depends on your approach. It's extremely insensitive to try to get an agents attention when they are dealing with customers. I never seen someone get rejected if they are step up and say " May I have a courtesy?". What I see frequently are inpatient gestures, banging on the booth window to get your attention and the show my id and with blank stare. Just be patient if the agent is dealing with someone wait. If you want a courtesy, act courteous. A guy from MTA Bus is in the background while I'm struggling to deal with a tourist whose English is limited. Flailing arms, waiving his ID, pointing towards the door. I said to him "I can only deal with one person at a time", His response, " I never did this before my first time asking." My response " That's the problem you did not ask, If you ask I'll accommodate you" LIRR and MNR are worse cause they come when it's insanely busy to a very busy station and have no patience

Exactly Dscott. Just last week I had my supervisor in the booth with me, gold badge in plain sight around his neck. Some employee shows with his pass out of his wallet and in hand, tells me he's going through the gate. I told him to swipe his pass. All I said to myself was smdh. Another time I had collecting agents picking up from my booth and I'm outside witnessing the pick up, and an employee comes with his pass also in hand, and says well I guess I need to swipe. I'm like you really think I'm gonna we're gonna stop doing our jobs, so that I can go back into the booth to buzz you in? Seriously? Most folks don't know how to ask for a courtesy. You have to ask for it courteusly.

Sent Using my HTC One Maxx On Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

Archived