R160A's in bad condition... ALREADY!

dmouse

Right and you're saying those T/O's only work those lines? Oh excuse me all to hell. The second they operate "Any" other equipment than an NTT their operation is perfect. Sure, blame a whole bunch of operators you know nothing about based on "railfan perception". That's real smart. That just proves you don't know what you're talking about. What he has said is wrong and I have corrected it repeatedly, even going so far as to detail the entire system of SMEE vs NTT braking, and how they work in response to his question about dynamic and regenerative braking.

The brakes work FINE on those cars, so now he blames the operators? Makes no sense.

Hah! funny.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was a joke. I wasn't serious. and what "burn"?

obviously you edited the post to take that picture out... I'm just saying that posting things like that takes away from the thread...I don't know you, you don't know me my intentions was to correct wrong information not make anyone look bad and posting those pictures makes it look like that.

That's all...

obviously you edited the post to take that picture out...

Yeah, I did that, because that didn't need such an image

I'm just saying that posting things like that takes away from the thread..

Yeah, I know that, but what I posted wasn't meant to be a mean post, just to make people laugh ;)

.I don't know you, you don't know me my intentions was to correct wrong information not make anyone look bad and posting those pictures makes it look like that.

Yeah, I know, that's why I took the image down.

Anyways back on topic :P

Yeah the R160 has it's flaws, but what doesn't have flaws?

For example, anyone remember the first-gen PS2's?

SMH. Honestly I believe the "ghetto" train lines do not deserve new equipment until the people learn how to get their act together, lines such as the R and F. It seems/sounds wrong, but it's their own fault, there is no way that I (or anybody for that matter) should open up my pockets and pay taxes for new equipment for people who don't pay taxes, and destroy property which doesn't belong to them. :mad: :tdown::tdown::tdown:

SMH. Honestly I believe the "ghetto" train lines do not deserve new equipment until the people learn how to get their act together, lines such as the R and F. It seems/sounds wrong, but it's their own fault, there is no way that I (or anybody for that matter) should open up my pockets and pay taxes for new equipment for people who don't pay taxes, and destroy property which doesn't belong to them. :mad: :tdown::tdown::tdown:

Tell the (MTA) to do something.....

like cameras in every car so they can catch them all, like that lady, the graffiti artist and the cellphone camera ;)

Tell the (MTA) to do something.....

like cameras in every car so they can catch them all, like that lady, the graffiti artist and the cellphone camera ;)

If you ask the MTA to do something, you need to fill out triplicate forms and send it to them a self addressed envelope so the secretary can read the forms instead of the six figure execs whose job relevance is still unkown to many.

The lines that go through the dregs of the four boroughs the subways run in should not get new equipment....ever.

Something should replace you instead, something of more higher knowledge/intelligence and less foam over a single car.....

Being on topic, from what I understood, ENY was filled with too many cars to begin with. They do maintain their cars but they sure do get a beating, as does Jamaica's cars. The next batch of R160s is supposed to knock off the R42s from ENY, with a few extra R160s coming into ENY, which will kill the capacity of the yard and be like Jamaica Yard.

pwnt

There's only 32 R160s replacing 50 R42s. They're supposed to be lessening the amount of spare cars at ENY, so there should actually be more space instead.

are they rusting,or is it steel dust? its confusing,lol

Steel dust. Stainless steel can't rust. The R32-R42 do not have rust on their carbody exterior; someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the R38/R40/R42 roofs are made of carbon steel. Even if it could, it would not start rusting after 1-3 years in service.

The problem with this is that every line passes through ghetto areas. Every single one of them. The (A)(C)(J)(L)(Z) pass through East NY. The (E) goes to Jamaica. The (2)(3)(4)(5) serve areas like Crown Heights and Flatbush. You can't single out certain lines, and that's discrimination right there too.

Something should replace you instead, something of more higher knowledge/intelligence and less foam over a single car.....

Being on topic, from what I understood, ENY was filled with too many cars to begin with. They do maintain their cars but they sure do get a beating, as does Jamaica's cars. The next batch of R160s is supposed to knock off the R42s from ENY, with a few extra R160s coming into ENY, which will kill the capacity of the yard and be like Jamaica Yard.

Oh excuse me im sorry sir did I hurt your feelings ?? If anyone's foaming you're the one foaming over your Beloved R160's so don't complain

And before you go around callin me stupid at least im actually goin for my High School Diploma and not a GED..

]Oh excuse me im sorry sir did I hurt your feelings ?? If anyone's foaming you're the one foaming over your Beloved R160's so don't complain [/b]

And before you go around callin me stupid at least im actually goin for my High School Diploma and not a GED..

Oops' date=' looks like I hit a nerve!

Oh naaaaah, you didnt hurt my feelings, the subway is boring as hell now so the R160s is nothing to "foam" about. And speaking of which, I recall you foaming over every broken or messed up R160 FIND & LED and you would film them for what reason? :)

You dont know how the R160 FIND & LEDs messes up which makes your assumptions about the cars [b']very faulty

[/b] If things were to happen with those R32s, you'd probably be crying a river.

And way to play the personal card. For those who know why im getting a GED which a select few members in the forum knows about, they knew what I went through during school times and the conflicts that occurred. As for you, you square headed punk, keep ya mouth shut about things you dont know. And your reading comprehension sucks cause I didnt exactly call you "stupid".

There's only 32 R160s replacing 50 R42s. They're supposed to be lessening the amount of spare cars at ENY, so there should actually be more space instead

Ah thanks for the info, I thought it was more. During the inital R160A-1 order, the yard was overcrowded with cars, including several R143s that were there which were forced to either go to Fresh Pond Yard or Canarsie until the R42s got cleared onto the A and C lines. Later on being swapped over to Jamaica.

SubwayGuy, all I was trying to say was that the operator controls the movement of a train and that he can choose to apply the friction brakes whenever the train decreases to 10-15 mph. From my experience, the motormen of QB seem to apply the friction brakes when the dynamic brakes are still slowing the train. On the other hand, the motormen on the Jamaica EL seem to apply the friction brakes when the train drops under 5 mph with the dynamic brakes. I am well aware that if the train screeches, then in means that the motors are broken and therefore have no dynamic. But the sound produced by the R160s sounds as if the brake pad is excessive wearing out the shoes of the friction brakes.

You can clearly see the difference between the braking of this train (M):

And this train (1st E Train):

Seriously, the latter operator applied the friction brakes too early.

I dont give two f**ks how that garbage messes up, my tax $$$ and fare $$$ is going towards it so i expect it to be 100% perfect and flawless. if the MTA chairman is paying for it out of his own pocket fine but thats not the case

And what you know everything about me ?? I like to film the broken FIND's to reminds me of what total POS's they are

And guess what you need to keep your big mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say. I will continue to ***** and whine and complain about the R160 until all the problems are fixed, and if you dont have anything nice to tell me please do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.

Let me rephrase the word if you didnt like it "Before you go around and deride my intelligence" there happy now ?

R44 5278...the operator does not "choose" whether or not to apply the friction and dynamic breaks. The two systems work together and are controlled AS ONE from the master controller. He does NOT have a separate control for one or the other so he can't "choose" to apply the friction brakes "too early" as you say. That loud noise at the end of the second car's braking effort just means it's time for an inspection of the brake shoes on that particular car, has nothing to do with the operator's "skill" or anything wrong with the car's design.

Contrary to popular railfan belief, squeaky breaks do not equal an unsafe condition or poor design. All it means is extra noise.

That said, I motion for a moderator to close this thread because the BS above between error and Cait Sith has nothing to do with trains, and I don't care to read about people's personal dirty laundry disputes anymore. I'm sure most here would agree.

I dont give two f**ks how that garbage messes up, my tax $$$ and fare $$$ is going towards it so i expect it to be 100% perfect and flawless. if the MTA chairman is paying for it out of his own pocket fine but thats not the case

And what you know everything about me ?? I like to film the broken FIND's to reminds me of what total POS's they are

And guess what you need to keep your big mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say. I will continue to ***** and whine and complain about the R160 until all the problems are fixed, and if you dont have anything nice to tell me please do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.

Let me rephrase the word if you didnt like it "Before you go around and deride my intelligence" there happy now ?

Want to take this problem outside the forums?

Nothing is 100% perfect and flawless. There always gonna be something wrong with everything, someway somehow, thats just how it works. I think every subway car had some flaw in it, 32's 160's r1's w/e ect......

And yea what Drew said this threads goin down the tubes.

SubwayGuy, all I was trying to say was that the operator controls the movement of a train and that he can choose to apply the friction brakes whenever the train decreases to 10-15 mph. From my experience, the motormen of QB seem to apply the friction brakes when the dynamic brakes are still slowing the train. On the other hand, the motormen on the Jamaica EL seem to apply the friction brakes when the train drops under 5 mph with the dynamic brakes. I am well aware that if the train screeches, then in means that the motors are broken and therefore have no dynamic. But the sound produced by the R160s sounds as if the brake pad is excessive wearing out the shoes of the friction brakes.

You can clearly see the difference between the braking of this train (M):

And this train (1st E Train):

Seriously, the latter operator applied the friction brakes too early.

Speaking of which, here's another one with not really rough brakes, but squealing ones.

Does it occur when T/Os put too much pressure on the brakes when the train is going really fast then suddenly going to a stop? Cause I know there were some rides on the R160s where the brakes were really rough and had a bit of a rough stop.

Also, a rough stop seen in this one as well.

Archived