Status of the B and Q line changes...???

TheSolomonster

As a Brooklyn resident who relies on the NYC bus & train system to get into and out of Manhattan on a daily basis, I was happy to discover these forums and am hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

I take the (B) Express train home from work Mon-Fri and noticed that, as of last week, the train is now making all local stops. Will this now be a regular occurrence and, if so, for how long? I don’t recall reading about the change in any newspaper, nor being alerted about it by way of any MTA pamphlets.

More importantly, what is up with the <Q> train stopping at Prospect Park? I’ve had a few late nights in the last week where I’ve had to get off at Prospect Park in order to take a shuttle bus to Kings Highway. Again, is this now going to be a regular occurrence (and, if so, for how long)? Is this only after a certain late hour?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

-J

Its becuz they are renavating the stations on the Brigiton beach line avenue U and Neck rd:

(B) Trains run local between Prospect Park and Brighton Beach

All times[Weekdays] until 10 PM Friday, Sep 25

• Please allow additional travel time.

Note: Coney Island-bound platforms at Av U and Neck Rd are closed.

This is not permanent btw!

As for the (Q) being cut, its ether for that or for track/signal work..

The weekends are always like this with a General Order!

Go here when you wanna check a General Order Detour[service Change]"

http://mta.info/nyct/service/advisory.htm

BTW welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay

So the (B) running local after Prospect Park is only in effect through this Friday? I certainly hope that's what you meant as I heard this change may be into effect for up to 2 years! I sure hope not.

Also, any insight into the (Q) situation I mentioned above? Thanks for the link to that MTA advisory page, but I don't recall seeing anything about it there.

So the (B) running local after Prospect Park is only in effect through this Friday? I certainly hope that's what you meant as I heard this change may be into effect for up to 2 years! I sure hope not.

Also, any insight into the (Q) situation I mentioned above? Thanks for the link to that MTA advisory page, but I don't recall seeing anything about it there.

I added the part about the (Q) being cut above.

And yes its suppose to be till this friday. Tho sometimes the (MTA) can extend stuff like this or bring it back..

The (B) will be running local for the next two years. They have to rehab the local stations between Kings highway and Newkirk. Theres a truck on the express track @ Kings highway and there rebuilding the platforms on the express sides at Newkirk and KH. Also, theres a staircase on the mantthan bound express tracks at Ave J, there ain't gonna be express service anytime soon lol.

The (B) will be running local for the next two years. They have to rehab the local stations between Kings highway and Newkirk. Theres a truck on the express track @ Kings highway and there rebuilding the platforms on the express sides at Newkirk and KH. Also, theres a staircase on the mantthan bound express tracks at Ave J, there ain't gonna be express service anytime soon lol.

2 yrs??? I thought it was till friday?

Well, that stinks. As for the (Q), I found the following advisory page on the MTA site, which would seem to indicate the whole shuttle bus deal with the train not running beyond Prospect Park ends as of today. Am I interpreting this correctly?

http://travel.mtanyct.info/newtp/serviceAdvisories/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=Q&date=&time=

Yes for 2 Years (B) service will be running Local in Brooklyn and disruptions on the (Q) Service while they do station rehabs along the line.

Of couse it's for two years...it doesn't take two weeks to renovate an entire train line...

so im guessing the t/as planned end date is false?

I'm hearing theres another shuttle bus (Q) G.O this weekend, this time between Stillwell and Prospect Park!

That is correct. I just read about it on the MTA's website and it's supposed to start Friday night at 9:30pm and end Monday at 5am. They will be running (Q) Local and (Q) Express buses. That's going to really suck for (Q) riders.

Archived