R32s Will Go On The (A) While R46s will be on the (C)

Daniel The Cool

Thats right guys. The R46s will be move to the (C) while the (A) will receive the R32s from the (C). If you guys don't believe me here's the proof.

Dear Mr. Smith:

This is in response to your e-mail letter in which you recommend the exchange of

subway cars between the (A) and (C) subway trains. The (A) line will keep the R-44

equipment and the (C) line will get R-46 equipment and run full length trains. In

addition, in order to maintain service, the (A) line will run full length R-32

equipment. It is anticipated that the R-32 cars will begin to be scrapped at

the end of this year. After scrapping is completed, R-44’s and R-46’s will be

used on the (A) line and R-46’s will be used on the (C) Line.

hank you for your input.

Sincerely,

Herbert Lambert

So how do you guys feel about this?

The MTA is making a huge mistake scrapping the remaining R32s. Something tells me that they're going to keep them around a little while longer anyway. Why do you think that there are R32s at Coney Island now? They could have used R42s, but nope, they used 32s instead.

The MTA is making a huge mistake scrapping the remaining R32s. Something tells me that they're going to keep them around a little while longer anyway. Why do you think that there are R32s at Coney Island now? They could have used R42s, but nope, they used 32s instead.

What about the R42s off ENY. I got no news about that.

And damn it im pissed that the R32s off the (A)(C) are being scrapped! Get rid of CI/JAM first not the 8th Avenue ones.. Especial since there are just a few on those lines..

I've made a suggestion by emailing the MTA about this and they said they will do my idea. And also it will be a good RFW for the (A) Express.

First of all. They cant go by your idea. How can they follow one person... They do this within the T/A not by any person. That idea must of been there before u commenting on that so its not going by you.. You not owner of the (MTA)..Just sayin

Besides why r u in a rush for the 32s to be kicked off the (C) and replacing em with 46...

First of all. They cant go by your idea. How can they follow one person... They do this within the T/A not by any person. That idea must of been there before u commenting on that so its not going by you.. You not owner of the (MTA)..Just sayin

Besides why r u in a rush for the 32s to be kicked off the (C) and replacing em with 46...

Cause I missed the (A) having R32s. They fit perfectly on that line.

Becuz u miss em on the (A)??

Oh brother. Lets make the (A) R68 then...

R32s are on the (A) 1-2 sets. Let em be on the (C).. Besides i dislike they are are scrapping the R32s so fast now

Just becuz u like it on the (A) doesnt mean that every railfan likes it too.. One person can not make a difference dude..

@lrg5784 I 100% Agree with u

Becuz u miss em on the (A)??

Oh brother. Lets make the (A) R68 then...

R32s are on the (A) 1-2 sets. Let em be on the (C).. Besides i dislike they are are scrapping the R32s so fast now

Just becuz u like it on the (A) doesnt mean that every railfan likes it too.. One person can not make a difference dude..

@lrg5784 I 100% Agree with u

Exactly. Besides, you have a chance of catching R32s on the (A). You just have to wait, maybe five minutes, maybe half an hour, or maybe even an hour!

By the way, there has not been a single scrap train since the Straights retired last month, and I doubt if there will be any more scrapping for the time being.

Exactly. Besides, you have a chance of catching R32s on the (A). You just have to wait, maybe five minutes, maybe half an hour, or maybe even an hour!

By the way, there has not been a single scrap train since the Straights retired last month, and I doubt if there will be any more scrapping for the time being.

Yeah! Plus I prefer em 2 sets on the (A)! Its fun to catch em and makes it rare compared to making them all go the (A). The (C) suits the 32.. R46 will be hard to get use to.. Its like transferring Coronas R62As back to the Westchester yd and giving corona the R142As for CBTC. Yeah the R62As were on the (6) before 2002 but it will be hard to get use to it...

Similar to the R40/42s on the (C) in the winter of 2008/2009]. I hated them on the (C) and missed the R32/38s..

Same for the (A)(C) swapping cars..

How ever it would OK if the (A)(C) sharing equipment.. That would be good..

But. Im not the (MTA) to decide all this. R32s will go, and ill miss em a lot.. So i guess we(or some) need to ride em before they get kicked or swapped off a line...

Lambert is the Line Manager for the (A) Line. That is what is going to happen but the origanal poster is making more out of it then what it is. Here is what is going on.

(A) Line runs R44,R46 and 2 sets of R32's for regular service

(C) Line operates 8 Car R32's will increase to 10 cars once a set or two of R46's hit the line. Then R32's on the (C) will be scrapped and replaced with a set of R46's if its like what then been doing its should be one replacement a week. Then they get rid of the 2 sets of (A) R32's and the (A)(C) will only operate R44/46's. It can also go the other way and they replace the R32's on the (A) before they start putting R46's on the (C).

When they start doing this who knows I heard from Co Workers they are shifting all of their attention to the Queens corridor they want to scap the R42s first before touching anymore R32's so they can get more R46's back on the (V). I was told the R40M's are all scrapped but I don't know it for a fact.

Lambert is the Line Manager for the (A) Line. That is what is going to happen but the origanal poster is making more out of it then what it is. Here is what is going on.

(C) Line operates 8 Car R32's will increase to 10 cars once a set or two of R46's hit the line. Then R32's on the (C) will be scrapped and replaced with a set of R46's if its like what then been doing its should be one replacement a week. Then they get rid of the 2 sets of (A) R32's and the (A)(C) will only operate R44/46's. It can also go the other way and they replace the R32's on the (A) before they start putting R46's on the (C).

When they start doing this who knows I heard from Co Workers they are shifting all of their attention to the Queens corridor they want to scap the R42s first before touching anymore R32's so they can get more R46's back on the (V). I was told the R40M's are all scrapped but I don't know it for a fact.

This probably makes the most sense, but the R32s will NOT be on the (A) except for emergencies only. But with R32s going to Coney Island, this makes it more confusing as to what will really happen. And as for the Straights, I think they're all gone. B) I may be wrong, though.

This is much better then wat Daniel has in mind..

Also where is these extra R46s coming from? Jamaica? Since scrapping the R32s off teh (C) wont be enought for the (A)(C) meaning R44/46..

btw do u have any news on the R42s off ENY being scrapped?

Also where is these extra R46s coming from? Jamaica? Since scrapping the R32s off teh (C) wont be enought for the (A)(C) meaning R44/46..

the new option r160s are going to jamaica so i would say it's safe to assume that the 46's are coming from jamaica, as it's the only other yard besides pitkin that the R46's are based out of.

They're retiring the R42s before the R32s, that's why they sent over R32s to Coney Island.

I've made a suggestion by emailing the MTA about this and they said they will do my idea. And also it will be a good RFW for the (A) Express.

They had that idea before, and that they were just informing you of their plans.

What about the R42s off ENY. I got no news about that.

And damn it im pissed that the R32s off the (A)(C) are being scrapped! Get rid of CI/JAM first not the 8th Avenue ones.. Especial since there are just a few on those lines.

R42s out of ENY will still be retired by the R160As as planned. The R32s being scrapped has been known since 2002...they're getting rid of the R42s first - of which there are only ~110 or less left in Jamaica. Conveniently, there is no date listed as to when this swap will happen. Also, the Jamaica R32 are likely moving to CI/207 within the next week or two, so get your Jamacia R32 pics while you still can.

The (A) has always had R32s in the recent past.

Yes there has, and it's still continuing. They are scrapping R42s. There have been pics on the forums of R42s being stripped at 207th that weren't there when the R40Ms were being stripped.

This probably makes the most sense, but the R32s will NOT be on the (A) except for emergencies only. But with R32s going to Coney Island, this makes it more confusing as to what will really happen. And as for the Straights, I think they're all gone. B) I may be wrong, though.

It creates the possibility that the R32s will retire on the (B), and that the (B) will be the last line to run 60 foot SMEEs.

btw do u have any news on the R42s off ENY being scrapped?

Yes

And the R42s will be retired from ENY early-mid next year, more likely early next year.

R42s out of ENY will still be retired by the R160As as planned. The R32s being scrapped has been known since 2002...they're getting rid of the R42s first - of which there are only ~110 or less left in Jamaica. Conveniently, there is no date listed as to when this swap will happen. Also, the Jamaica R32 are likely moving to CI/207 within the next week or two, so get your Jamacia R32 pics while you still can.

Yes

And the R42s will be retired from ENY early-mid next year, more likely early next year.

didnt they stop sending 160as to ENY? Are they resuming with new orders?

Archived