Mistake heading in the station.

Tinamarie

I wish I took a picture of this, but I was in a moving train and I had no camera on me anyway.

I forgot what station I was in, but I do know I was in Brooklyn and I was on the (5) train with transfers to the (2) and (3) train so I am guessing it was Franklin Avenue. I saw a sign heading that said (1) train to New Lots Avenue and late nights take the (4). It even had the (1) train symbol on it. Is this a common mistake for other headings? I thought it was sort of funny.

I wish I took a picture of this, but I was in a moving train and I had no camera on me anyway.

I forgot what station I was in, but I do know I was in Brooklyn and I was on the (5) train with transfers to the (2) and (3) train so I am guessing it was Franklin Avenue. I saw a sign heading that said (1) train to New Lots Avenue and late nights take the (4). It even had the (1) train symbol on it. Is this a common mistake for other headings? I thought it was sort of funny.

It was a heading....the (1) used to go to New Lots Avenue during the time 9/11 happened when the (3) had terminated @ 14th Street. The mistake is that (MTA) forgot to replace the (1) with the (3)!

That would not surprise me at all,MTA NYCT always miss one or two signs when it comes to updating them and they have a history of doing so.For example the (A)(C)(B)(D) 96 Street Station on the Central Park West Line,outside the station entrance the old (K) sign was visible well past 1988 and that was the year when the (K) was eliminated.I know it survived a few years past 88,probably has changed now ofcourse.For awhile the (D) Bay 50 Street Station in Brooklyn still had the (W) bullet outside as you go up the Manhattan side staircase,i believe that was removed or covered when the (D) was already running.There are probably more outdated signs in the whole entire system and confusing for passengers as well,one has to look carefully though.

I hope this is not off topic but speaking about incorrect signs.. I think it was on the (2) Train they have black tape over something after parkchester why is that? the voice announcement did not reflect the change on the display.. speaking of the display I think that is the worst one with just the lighted dots.

That sounds interesting,i'm going to look into that.Those lighted dots are elctronic strip maps on the R142,R142A & R143 car classes,they were considered an improvement at the time when the MTA NYCT started getting feedback from the R110A & R110B new tech test trains.Now with the FIND system on the R160A & B class cars,those electronic strip maps are considered obsolete now.Remember R160 class series are considered an improvement from R142 & R143 series cars with updated improvements.Off topic i know,sorry guys.

That would not surprise me at all,MTA NYCT always miss one or two signs when it comes to updating them and they have a history of doing so.For example the (A)(C)(B)(D) 96 Street Station on the Central Park West Line,outside the station entrance the old (K) sign was visible well past 1988 and that was the year when the (K) was eliminated.I know it survived a few years past 88,probably has changed now ofcourse.For awhile the (D) Bay 50 Street Station in Brooklyn still had the (W) bullet outside as you go up the Manhattan side staircase,i believe that was removed or covered when the (D) was already running.There are probably more outdated signs in the whole entire system and confusing for passengers as well,one has to look carefully though.

I know of at least one such sign still in existence; at 145 Street lower level, uptown side toward the rear, one of the overhead signs still shows the (C) going to Bedford Park Blvd during rush hours.

Not only that, I saw that (C) to Bedford Park Blvd on Nostrand Av Lower Level (C) as well.

About 3 times when I was transfering at 168th St-Washington Heights (A)(C)(1) elevator, I spooted extinct (9) on elevator sign at (A)(C) platform, and in elevator. Monday, when I transfer, (9) sign was extinct from elevator sign.

Not only that, I saw that (C) to Bedford Park Blvd on Nostrand Av Lower Level (C) as well.

About 3 times when I was transfering at 168th St-Washington Heights (A)(C)(1) elevator, I spooted extinct (9) on elevator sign at (A)(C) platform, and in elevator. Monday, when I transfer, (9) sign was extinct from elevator sign.

I saw the (9) sign where 34th Station is.

All over Times Square I've seen signs with the (9) still on them, either because they were ripped off or they were never covered to begin with.

They get uncovered so much that it's a waste to pay the money to cover them back up. The (MTA) has more important things to worry about anyway.

Archived