The wonderful FIND display :D

SubaruWRX

I think they are reasonably well designed and, to tell you the truth, a lot of them work well. Here's something from another forum:

"I can only speak from personal experience, and this was the first trip I've had on the new cars in which the HVAC system was not working, but it was brutal and yesterday was not a hot day by any stretch. Another problem with the train yesterday evening was that the automated station arrival announcements were being made long before the train was anywhere near the announced station.... no one was by fooled by the automated chirpy announcement, but it was a reminder of how lousy an experience the ride was."

This is about the PA5, from what I can gather is a far more problematic train so far than the R160. Now, in the end, the PA5 may very well end up being a more reliable train. So, my feeling about the FINDs and digital displays are they do get messed up from time to time. The old displays on the R44/R46 get fouled up as well from time to time. I really find the R142-R160 to perform excellently, compared to other newbuilds from the MTA past as well as compared to other newbuilds on other systems including NJT's bilevels (whose displays and automated announcements get fouled up too) and PATH's PA5s.

Archived