Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Abba

What is the Lawrence Street to Jay Street underground connector?

I've been seeing detors about this . But what is it? (R) trains from lawrence street will be able to get to (A)©and(F)Jay street station?

No. It will be a passageway between the two stations and allow for a free transfer without having to exit the stations.

I've been seeing detors about this . But what is it? (R) trains from lawrence street will be able to get to (A)©and(F)Jay street station?

It's a passage way from the Jay St. IND station to the Lawrence St BMT station.

Sometime 2010. This is going to be useful cuz now people coming from the (2)(3)(4)(5) can grab the IND trains without backtracking deeper into Brooklyn.

Also because there will be a transfer between the (A)(C)(F) and (M)(R).

not only that, it avoids me using the 4 Av-9 St Station whenever im transferring between the (F)(M)(R), unless im transferring between the (G)(M)(R), then i'd still have to use 4 Av-9 St.

Sometime 2010. This is going to be useful cuz now people coming from the (2)(3)(4)(5) can grab the IND trains without backtracking deeper into Brooklyn.

The passageway won't connect directly to the IRT. You would still have to take the (M) or (R) to Court St or Atlantic Av. Biggest advantage is a direct connection from the BMT to the (A)(C) in Brooklyn and another option for the (F) other than 4 Av/9 St.

The passageway won't connect directly to the IRT. You would still have to take the (M) or (R) to Court St or Atlantic Av. Biggest advantage is a direct connection from the BMT to the (A)(C) in Brooklyn and another option for the (F) other than 4 Av/9 St.

When it open I can get on the (R) at Jay and get off only a block from St. Francis. I hate the transfer at 4th Av.

Well duh I know that.

Well duh I know that.

Easy dude, The way you made it sounds was the the connection was being made directly for the IRT.

Isn't the Lawrence Street (M)(N)(R) station directly underneath the Jay Street-Borough Hall (A)(C)(F) station?

No, I think it's actually above the Jay Street station.

I've never seen a passageway that goes to park place the ~1000 times i've been to WTC/chambers on the (E), i'll have to look again next week.

- A

I've never seen a passageway that goes to park place the ~1000 times i've been to WTC/chambers on the (E), i'll have to look again next week.

- A

You access the passageway to the (2)(3) at Park Place through the connection (at the mezzanine level) that connects the (E)'s platform with the (A)©'s platform.