Why wasn't Private Bus Lines Taken over?

dmouse

In curious, seeing how this is the only Private bus line still operated by the DOT. Why wasn't it merged with (MTA)Bus? They don't accept metrocard, fare is $2.50 & they only operate on one line, the B110.

Was there a reason for this company's independence?

Private510-dsc7459a.jpg

That is not a DOT Private Company like the ones taken over in 2005-06. The buses are owned by the company and not the city. That bus is also designed for the jewish communities in Boro Park and Williamsburg. being that I have rode that bus a few times as well as being the one who took that photo I have noticed that some things done on that bus would not be able to be enforced by the (MTA). There is also a company called Monroe Bus that operates Orion I and one V between Brooklyn and Manhattan.

That is not a DOT Private Company like the ones taken over in 2005-06. The buses are owned by the company and not the city. That bus is also designed for the jewish communities in Boro Park and Williamsburg. being that I have rode that bus a few times as well as being the one who took that photo I have noticed that some things done on that bus would not be able to be enforced by the (MTA). There is also a company called Monroe Bus that operates Orion I and one V between Brooklyn and Manhattan.

All one has to do is look at the license plates. I see it says BUS (which means privately owned), not OFFICIAL (meaning city, village, town, county, or state owned)..........

^ True, but it's generally frowned upon (by the passengers) - I learned that the hard way...

One would think that the b/o's that drive those buses are also (only) Jewish.... nope....

the first time I boarded the B110, the b/o was Asian.... the second time was a black guy *which was funny b/c dude gave me a look like 'what the #$^# are you doing riding this bus...'

^ True, but it's generally frowned upon (by the passengers) - I learned that the hard way...

One would think that the b/o's that drive those buses are also (only) Jewish.... nope....

the first time I boarded the B110, the b/o was Asian.... the second time was a black guy *which was funny b/c dude gave me a look like 'what the #$^# are you doing riding this bus...'

I'd like them passengers to say something smart about my black looking self getting on that bus. Ahh then again they get thier revenge riding on the B44/46. :cool:

I'd like them passengers to say something smart about my black looking self getting on that bus. Ahh then again they get thier revenge riding on the B44/46. :cool:

Private Bus uses the same pool of drivers as NYAS as they are owned by the same company (United Bus), which helps to explain the who and why of the drivers.

Archived