Franklin Shuttle got tagged

R33WF

Either there is a crew that loves that lay-up or Euro-trash is in town painting. I'll put my money on the Euro-trash, the style does not look local. And yes, that is done over night. If you take to long you get caught. That area will be watched by the VS for a while now.

Either there is a crew that loves that lay-up or Euro-trash is in town painting. I'll put my money on the Euro-trash, the style does not look local. And yes, that is done over night. If you take to long you get caught. That area will be watched by the VS for a while now.

question.. seeing its painted.. How easy is it to take it off and what do they use?

On the other hand.. I hate it it when this bs happens...!

question.. seeing its painted.. How easy is it to take it off and what do they use?

On the other hand.. I hate it it when this bs happens...!

You use alot of harsh chemicals and you buff the shit out of the side of the car. It does not cost nearly as much as the (MTA) says it does.

You use alot of harsh chemicals and you buff the shit out of the side of the car. It does not cost nearly as much as the (MTA) says it does.

Oh! Would it have been easy if it were an older car like the Redbirda or non stainless steal/carbon cars?

Since the R26-36 pre-goh had problems getting rid of graffiti.. If im correct?

Oh! Would it have been easy if it were an older car like the Redbirda or non stainless steal/carbon cars?

Since the R26-36 pre-goh had problems getting rid of graffiti.. If im correct?

Well the problem with all the cars that came before the R32s was that they were painted. Instead of repainting them, the TA used an acid wash in the car washes which made them look worse and ate away at the windows. What would have been good would have been repainting them right way but back them the TA did not have the money. Now with the stainless steal cars, the paint comes off easier.

Why don't they keep that spare train at Franklin parked by the crew tower on the active track instead of out there on the lay-up? I know damn well there's room for it to fit

Because of the way the signals work, you have to lay them up out there. If they laid them up right by the tower, the shuttle would have to key-by signals since the unused shuttles would cause all the signals to be red.

Well the problem with all the cars that came before the R32s was that they were painted. Instead of repainting them, the TA used an acid wash in the car washes which made them look worse and ate away at the windows. What would have been good would have been repainting them right way but back them the TA did not have the money. Now with the stainless steal cars, the paint comes off easier.

Thanks for that:tup:. But when the T/A repainted the R26 thru 36 including R30[And R27 i think], Redbird/Gunn Red, was it still a problem to get rid of the graffiti or more or less..

Thanks for that:tup:. But when the T/A repainted the R26 thru 36 including R30[And R27 i think], Redbird/Gunn Red, was it still a problem to get rid of the graffiti or more or less..

By then not really because they started putting car appearance kits in terminals so that graffiti could be painted over. Also the TA mandated that cars with graffiti could not run in service and had to be cleaned within 24 hours so many artists lost intrest since there work would not get to run. Today, it is really a waste of paint and most writers from the city don't paint the trains. When the TA was trying to get rid of graffiti in the late 80's, tunnel bombing became popular since they never clean them. Today, the only people who really paint the trains like this are Euro-trash that come here and if they don't get busted, the go home with a ton of pictures just so they can say they painted trains in NYC, the birth place of graffiti.

I might post some better ones later. I would sell my arm for one of those signs.

Like this one. It reads Track1.

scan0003.jpg

Notice the difference between 4387 and 4288. 4387 was air-conditioned and 4288 was not. R32-like blue doors on 4387 were not original. What looks so, so, much better in the pre-GOH slant is that the door window is long, the same size as the side window. I think that short R32/R38 standardized window really killed the flow of the sides of the R40 and R42 in the GOH.

Also, notice the horrid condition of those trains. Grafitti, disgrace. Glad MTA beat it.

Yeah that looks like Euro crap graffiti...

Maybe vandal squad will buff or diss the graffiti, take the set out of service, and leave it where it got tagged for the "artists" to see their work has been messed with so then they come back and get busted...it's been done before...

Notice the difference between 4387 and 4288. 4387 was air-conditioned and 4288 was not. R32-like blue doors on 4387 were not original. What looks so, so, much better in the pre-GOH slant is that the door window is long, the same size as the side window. I think that short R32/R38 standardized window really killed the flow of the sides of the R40 and R42 in the GOH.

Also, notice the horrid condition of those trains. Grafitti, disgrace. Glad MTA beat it.

Hey, most of the time, cars with A/C didn't even work, and were blowing out hot air.

Yeah; just like in the cut leading to the portal at Essex. After several layers of tagging, you began seeing plain black marker writing dissing the artists, most calling them, by name, homosexual in different ways, and adding other stuff like "learn to draw". That must prompt them to come back and try to clear their name. I could imagine taking the risk to have your tag up there; and now it's a dis; and you now look bad before all the people you aimed to look good to--total opposite eftect.

Of course, by now all of that is covered up by more layers.

Archived