Franklin Shuttle got tagged

R33WF

The (MTA) Could restore it to the original look, it wouldn't take too much work.

Exactly. Such a measure like this would be kinda impractical. Think of all the parts they'd have to order for it, e.g. doors, windows, signage, lighting, etc.

How many trans run that line? geeez I was just on it 4 days ago.. one of the cars has a annoying buzzing sound I was filming out the rear window.

It depends. There are eight cars that are kept as singles. You'll always see two cars active on the shuttle except at night when there is only one. The other two are stowed somewhere else, one at the yard, and one on the other track at Prospect Park.

BAck in the early days of acid washing trains, this is waht they looked like when they came out. This car actually looks very good, sometimes cars came out and you could see all the paint jobs the car had over its life. When that happened, it made them look better with graffiti still on them.

scan0004.jpg

Nice, but problem is, over time, the acid will eat away at the body paint. so many of those cars, you would begin to see the old red coat underneath, or whatever other paint job. The white cars on the IRT looked horrible, because then you're seeing several layers of different paint schemes. And then, at the bottom the rusting exposed metal.

Nice, but problem is, over time, the acid will eat away at the body paint. so many of those cars, you would begin to see the old red coat underneath, or whatever other paint job. The white cars on the IRT looked horrible, because then you're seeing several layers of different paint schemes. And then, at the bottom the rusting exposed metal.

Thank goodness for stainless steel! :P:cool:

Paint is not cheap these days.

Yeah; just like in the cut leading to the portal at Essex. After several layers of tagging, you began seeing plain black marker writing dissing the artists, most calling them, by name, homosexual in different ways, and adding other stuff like "learn to draw". That must prompt them to come back and try to clear their name. I could imagine taking the risk to have your tag up there; and now it's a dis; and you now look bad before all the people you aimed to look good to--total opposite eftect.

Of course, by now all of that is covered up by more layers.

HAHAHAH I remember seeing that black marker dissing those tags! I always thoguth it was a VA squad member or travk worker who did that.

heres a pic of one a caught about a month ago at 80th st heading to pitkin. it turns out that any train layed up at 104 is a prime target. ive seen many trains tagged there.

Wow, some one peiced an R32. Looks awesome, I know back in the day most writers headed those trains because they were very hard to write on. As for the R160s having something applied to them to prevent graffiti, thats BS. I have seen several that have been tagged already, maybe it's something to make it easier to clean them though.

Looks like grafitti is making a comeback after a 20-year absence, hopefully no R160 will be tagged, and they are supposed to have some grafitti resistant material to prevent graffiti frob being applied

Graffiti is not making a comeback. It still happens occasionally when Europeans come to America and show off their work. Other than that, it's no big deal.

...I think that short R32/R38 standardized window really killed the flow of the sides of the R40 and R42 in the GOH.

Agree. And not only this...The R32 front part of the roof (it is the the worst replacement), R40/42 front doors, R44 black frame around front windows.

Archived