Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Tinamarie

Question about Court Street/Borough Hall

Does anyone know of any good restaurants to eat breakfast at near this station?

Please give the address as well.

Thanks!

P.S.

I know it sounds like a weird question, but my aunt and mom are going there and they asked me, but I didn't know so that's why I am asking here.

I work in that area every day, so I know the dining fairly well. You want breakfast? There's a diner up Court Street, which at this point is now Cadman Plaza West. It's better-than-average diner food. Back toward the river on Henry Street near Pineapple or Poplar or Cranberry Street (they're spaced very close together), there's an excellent bakery called Cranberry's. I believe it's an address in the 80s or 90s on Henry. Further south on Court Street directly opposite Borough Hall and Columbus Park is Montague Street, which runs several blocks toward the Promenade. Virtually every eatery on that block is worth trying out (you'll know which ones are not). Court Street itself has a ton of eateries as well. And if you don't mind walking five blocks or so, follow Joralemon Street (just south of Borough Hall out to Flatbush Avenue and hang a right and walk toward DeKalb Avenue and you'll find Junior's, the cheesecake Mecca.

Good luck and PM me if you need any further information.

Well if you do enjoy pizza, there's a pizza spot on the corner of Fulton and Adams Street, a few blocks from the Borough Hall exit on the (4) and (5). Several fast food places, such as Burger King and Wendy's, are located around the Fulton Mall shopping area as well.

If you're talking about Tony's right next to the Fulton Mall yes that place has excellent pizza...

If you're talking about Tony's right next to the Fulton Mall yes that place has excellent pizza...

Mmmmm, pizzzaaaaaaaaa....

:cool:

I work in that area every day, so I know the dining fairly well. You want breakfast? There's a diner up Court Street, which at this point is now Cadman Plaza West.

Thanks! Is this place called the Park Plaza Restaurant? Is it really far from the station?

Thanks! Is this place called the Park Plaza Restaurant? Is it really far from the station?

Yeah, it's either that or the Park Plaza Diner. It's less than a five-minute walk from the station. And as far as the aforementioned pizza place goes, Grimaldi's further up Cadman Plaza and down onto Old Fulton Street is leagues above and beyond that place. The downside is that Grimaldi's does NOT sell individual slices. To each his/her own, however.

Is that the famous pizza place under the Brooklyn Bridge?

Yeah. Go into the place and you'll see that the walls are littered of pictures of A-List celebs with Grimaldi and Co.

Is that the famous pizza place under the Brooklyn Bridge?

Yeah, you may be waiting in line for an hour for Grimaldis, but it is worth it.