Bus Fest 2009?

Achilesbmt

I have a question, what's the difference between Bus Fest and the Bus Roadeo?

Bus fest allows everyone to see the vintage and current buses+ Free Admission to NYCTM

Bus roadeo is for b/os to test out there driving skills with old buses?

btw i got the invite card in the mail. It says 12-5 PM... I gotta check again but it said 5 as ending

Well this past Roadeo, they used mainly RTS's from Ulmer and Flatbush than any museum bus [from what I saw that is]. But both events are free, except the Roadeo, you have to know where the shuttle bus is and walk a bit more to get to the actual place. But there were a lot of museum buses there that I've never seen before.

The bus fest, is on the street and even more people are there as it is more accessable. But only a limited amount of buses can be parked there. And yeah, it's great about the free TM admission. Not like the current $5 fare is that bad though.

Bus roadeo is for b/os to test out there driving skills with old buses?

Roadeo has a competition but it is more for the DOB employees and their familiies...there is food and usually a picnic like atmosphere...also old buses are available for vintage runs and are also on display..

Well this past Roadeo, they used mainly RTS's from Ulmer and Flatbush than any museum bus [from what I saw that is]. But both events are free, except the Roadeo, you have to know where the shuttle bus is and walk a bit more to get to the actual place. But there were a lot of museum buses there that I've never seen before.

The bus fest, is on the street and even more people are there as it is more accessable. But only a limited amount of buses can be parked there. And yeah, it's great about the free TM admission. Not like the current $5 fare is that bad though.

The only UPK bus I saw this year was MCI 2884. Most of the RTSs were from Flatbush & Fresh Pond with one or two from Grand Ave.

Archived