Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
EE Broadway Local

No Brighton Line This Weekend

From NY1 Transit:

"A heads up to straphangers who take the (Q) train.

There will be a major shutdown this weekend because of station rehabilitation work.

From 9:30pm Friday to 5:00am Monday there will be no (Q) service between Prospect Park and Stillwell Avenue-Coney Island.

As a result, a total of thirteen (13) stations will be completely closed.

Free Shuttle Bus Services will be provided."

I'm sorry, there was nothing about the (F) at West Eighth Street, so maybe that station will be open partially. Coney Island will still see the (D)(F) and (N).

All I have to say is this: Brighton Line riders are going to be mad...as...HELL!!!

All I have to say is this: Brighton Line riders are going to be mad...as...HELL!!!

they already are with (:P trains running local, lol.

they already are with (:) trains running local, lol.

All hell is gonna break loose! Loss of weekend service below Prospect Park??? Oh noes, I wonder how long this will fly. :P

All hell is gonna break loose! Loss of weekend service below Prospect Park??? Oh noes, I wonder how long this will fly. :P

i know, i hate it when i have to take a shuttle bus.

Damn, I would understand, as I lived near the Brighton line in 2002. But all these changes will benefit the Brighton Line, watch and see! The 1980s work was real shoddy, and this project will reverse everything and make it better. :P

Well, if you live about midway on either side, at least you have the (2) as far as Flatbush Avenue and the (F) but if you live closer to the Brighton Line, you'll probably be disappointed with the (Q) terminating at Prospect Park and 13 completely closed subway stations.

i know, i hate it when i have to take a shuttle bus.

I love the shuttle bus G.Os. Last week I got an Cummins RTS on the (Q) shuttle bus.. oohh my goodness. :cool:

We already knew this was coming. When they first announced that the Brighton Line would get rehabilitated, they said that periodic weekend shutdowns would follow.