R46 F train with all blue seats and R160 failures at 7th Ave.

Ftrainfan

So last week , I was on my way to school when I caught a R46 (F) train , but when I stepped inside the train , all the seats were blue. "What!!!!!!" Why would they ruin the R46s awesome color scheme like that? WHY?!!!!!!! Very sad ride that morning.

Sorry guys. I just remember that the R160 failure was a dream! I got it mixed up with another incident. I really can't remember what...... I'll get back to this later.

So last week , I was on my way to school when I caught a R46 (F) train , but when I stepped inside the train , all the seats were blue. "What!!!!!!" Why would they ruin the R46s awesome color scheme like that? WHY?!!!!!!! Very sad ride that morning. plus , if you think that's weird , then you should have seen what happened this Thursday. I was just on my way to school and a coney island bound R160B (F) train came in and the red letter kept flashing (E) , (F) , (E) , (F) , (E), (F) , (E), (F).... It was very confusing. When it stopped , the announcement goes "This is a world trade center bound (E)(E)(E)(E)(E)(E) train. The next and last stop is coney Island- still well Ave." then a few seconds later , the train was taken out of service. then a R46 (G) came. Only time I was glad to see it too. It was sure a disaster for coney island bound (F) riders. Good thing I take the manhattan bound (F) to school. I'm telling you , Jamaica yard guys just treats their R160s like CRUD!!!

LOL!!!

man, would a video of that be FUNNY, or WHAT?

I understand that some R160 cars can have their displays malfunction occasionally. I would have to disagree about the point of the R160s are maintained at the Jamaica Yard. I think the R160s are well kept for the most part. The Jamaica Yard train employees maintain their cars pretty well. A red display going (E) and (F) is bizzare though.

So last week , I was on my way to school when I caught a R46 (F) train , but when I stepped inside the train , all the seats were blue. "What!!!!!!" Why would they ruin the R46s awesome color scheme like that? WHY?!!!!!!!

I was wondering why they were doing this on the 44's and 46's, but not the 68's. (At least none that I heard of). If 44/46 seats are being maintained like that, then 68 seats must be also. So why would they keep those orange when the blue would go with the silver interior better, and yet place the blue only in the 44/46's, in which the orange was apart of the beige/brown "natural tone" color scheme? They should swap all teones that have been painted with the 68's!

I've used MTA ticket machines and have seen blue screens come up with lots of system data with an okay bar at times. I would just click on okay then enter in my information and it would work like usual.

I have seen issues with annoucements and find indicators on subway cars before in various formations. This is the first time Ive seen a blue screen of system data errors on a subway car before.

Even with broken find displays it is nice to just have working new cars on the line. And whatever the problem is, I am sure the MTA will get problems out in due time.

The new M7's with the LIRR had serious leaning issues when they first came out. I remember the conductor when the train was new from Bombardier say "Oh no, this is not good."

Somehow I gather when they test trains they are looking at the mechanicals and not the find/display feature and they consider this secondary and the problems seem to be ongoing.

Will one day they setup maintanence schedules to deal with the find issues? Guess it depends on priorities and the like.

I was wondering why they were doing this on the 44's and 46's, but not the 68's. (At least none that I heard of). If 44/46 seats are being maintained like that, then 68 seats must be also. So why would they keep those orange when the blue would go with the silver interior better, and yet place the blue only in the 44/46's, in which the orange was apart of the beige/brown "natural tone" color scheme? They should swap all teones that have been painted with the 68's!

The SIR R44s R46s are going through SMS so they're repainting the seats that need repair. The NYCT R44s and R68s aren't going through SMS yet so they'll still be keeping the old seat colors.

Only problem with R160 i've ever seen, was the FIND being totally off, not crashed, but off. The computerized strip map was off too, for a second i forgot what train i was on, because i was in a sinus cold daze. :confused:

- A

Whoever said that Jamaica Yard keeps their cars maintained well has a problem, because in the terms of cleanliness, the R160s on the (E) and the (F), especially the Option 2 ones that entered service on August 2nd, are all filthy now. Jamaica does NOT keep their cars clean. And if they are probably maintained, how come I see unlocked door panels on the cars?

It is a really bad idea to have blue paint on the seats of the R46. It's a bad idea to have them on the R68 if they are not ALL blue though I agree with Eric that blue and silver colors work better together than blue and beige/tans. These seats look tacky and ridiculous. Blue and warm colors, the tans/beige/browns of the R46 do not match whatsoever. And I don't buy the MTA's reasoning that they want to standardize on one color to save money. Paint shouldn't cost more one color than the other and anyway, lots of subway cars, the R44, R46, R62, and R68 use the beige coloring and the MTA should have ordered lots of beige paint for these train's seats. The R46s will be around at least 7 more years and the R62 to R68 over 12 and possibly much longer. Painting seats the same color as the original fits. Painting them a totally different color that is apart from the color scheme looks silly and makes the trains look tacky.

So last week , I was on my way to school when I caught a R46 (F) train , but when I stepped inside the train , all the seats were blue. "What!!!!!!" Why would they ruin the R46s awesome color scheme like that? WHY?!!!!!!! Very sad ride that morning.

Sorry guys. I just remember that the R160 failure was a dream! I got it mixed up with another incident. I really can't remember what...... I'll get back to this later.

How dare the MTA desecrate the R46. This is blasphemy.

I wonder if this would expand to the R60-class fleet. There was a post that said that the R62s have them, at least a set of seats on one car, but the R68s don't.

The R68s aren't due for SMS yet, while the R62As are getting theirs right now (at least the ones on the 1). The R62s don't have blue seats as they aren't due for SMS yet.

The R68s aren't due for SMS yet, while the R62As are getting theirs right now (at least the ones on the 1). The R62s don't have blue seats as they aren't due for SMS yet.

Acutally the R-62's do have blue seats just not the entire car have them and there is a car set on the (7) that the entire seats are blue!

101_1623.jpg

Taken on the (3) inb/w New Lots Avenue and Van Siclen Avenue!

101_8278.jpg

Taken @ Flushing-Main Street!

Thanks for pics. Even with all blue seats it is not an improvement. In fact, it makes the train look older. It's not the right shade of blue. The blue/periwinkle works on the NTTs, not on the pre-NTTs. If the MTA wanted to save money by going with one color, make it beige and just leave out the top color.

What I'd like to see the MTA is start to take out the dents in the walls of the R62 and R68.

Archived