Snacks While Railfanning

EE Broadway Local

How about Burger King or Blimpie Base or Mc D's or Sbarro or Wendy's or Subway or White Castle or Arby's?

P.S. I remember there was a Sbarro's that had a picture window that looked into the 34th Street-Pennsylvania Station station (1)(2)(3). You could trainspot while you ate.

I like all the other fast food places, but for what ever reason Taco Bells are few and far between in NYC. Also, White Castle is not the best idea when you will be riding the subway. They call'em sliders for a reason.

True.. But I haven't stopped my (A) or (C) there to run up & grab a bite.. If I do, I'm sure you'll hear about me on the news.. When I had (B) jobs that had midday service out of 145, Devlins was my go-to spot, so I associate it as such.. Sorry bout that..

A friend of mine told me that there was a problem many years ago on the IRT where work trains would go "BIE" near Astor Place on the midnights. Turns out that supervision caught on to that fact that it would take a while for the work train to get moving. Turns out there was some burger place near the station and when work trains reported going "BIE" and supervision said they were going to come by, things cleared up right away. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place though.

A friend of mine told me that there was a problem many years ago on the IRT where work trains would go "BIE" near Astor Place on the midnights. Turns out that supervision caught on to that fact that it would take a while for the work train to get moving. Turns out there was some burger place near the station and when work trains reported going "BIE" and supervision said they were going to come by, things cleared up right away. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place though.

Burger place by Astor Place? Must be Paul's Burgers!

Archived