Best pizzeria's in town

Dan05979

O yeah I gotta add pizza park which is a small hike from 68 st (6), as well as Piazza near 86 st (6)...any place open late gets +1 in my book too...

Like the pizza spot 1 block down from Norwood 205th Street (D) station? I got a slice there at 3AM and it was damn good.

A Brooklyn man with no regard for calories or cholesterol is undertaking the most delicious of quests: eating a slice from every pizzeria in the city.

The 26-year-old mystery man is documenting the mouth-watering mission on his blog, Sliceharvester.blogspot.com.

"There's beauty and subtlety and nuance in a plain slice of pizza," the blogger, who identified himself only as Colin to maintain his anonymity, told the Daily News.

"It's a wonderful and magnificent thing. I marvel every day that something that simple can run the spectrum as being so perfect and good and so horrible and bad."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brooklyn/2009/09/25/2009-09-25_his_goal_slice_from_every_city_pizzeria.html#ixzz0SN0n5hVl

For a slice joint you still can't beat Lenny's on 5th ave and Prospect Ave in Park Slope. They have been there like 50 years.

In Manhattan the best slice in Midtown is Little Italy on 43rd street between 5th and Madison.

For whole pies:

Naples45 in midtown on 45th st in Met Life lobby. Johns on Bleecker St in the Village. Lombardis on Spring Street.

Lentos on New Dorp lane in Staten Island makes a mean thin crust pizza.

I still miss the original Lento's in Bay Ridge.

I almost never eat pizza anymore because I used to have braces, and pizza almost never fills me up.

But what pizza I did eat and realy loved, there were a few places.

1. Delizia's in the Upper East Side. Quite yummy.

2. Candido's: Upper East Side. It went out of business a few years back, but when I went there, it was my most favorite pizza place. Very tasty, and the basil really enhanced the flavor. Since then, whenever I make homemade pizza, I always put in basil.

3. The pizzeria at Grand Central. I don't go there too often (too expensive), but I realy loved their Sicilian pizzas.

4. Any pizza that is doused smooth tomato sauce (not Domino's or Pizza Hut, though).

The deli/pizzaria by the last stop on the (M) (Metropolitan Ave), tasted alright but it gave me stomach flu.

That's Jose's. You only eat there if you either have no other place to eat, or if the OTB is closed and you're looking to gamble.

My vote for best pizza is Nick's Pizza on Ascan Ave alongside the LIRR trestle in Forest Hills. They don't sell by the slice, only the pie...and it's good like a muh fuh.

Archived