Should the D run R68As or R68s?

R44 5278

68A's started out on the (D), and it was like they were the (D)'s unique fleet, with the addition of regular 68's 2500-91. Then, they decided to swap them, for some reason like Concourse running them into the ground or something.

You would think it would make sense to have Concourse have that fleet, and nearly all of the 68's at CI; especially when the bridge was closed (and they could have kept the old signs, as the 68A signs had 34th St), instead of having two fleets that don't mix. But then maybe this was so you wouldn't have the 23 sets up there isolated from the rest.

Look, I would like people's opinions pertaining to the subject, not on how ridiculous my thread is. Isn't that what you would expect on your threads as well?

Dude take a chill pill bro. No one is saying this topic sucks or so. You have to respect people opinion you know same for you..

This topic is in good shape so far..

As for R68As being swapped to the (D), let the (D) live with it. Theres no difference. It will still be an R68.. With small technical and mechanical changes.. Tho i still like the same R68s on the (D) the 2000 series.. Thats what makes it the (D) in my view lol

Its like if i wanted the (5)s R142 to swap with the (6)s R142A. Its the same R142, just different a bit..

Same applies to R160A, R160A-1, R160A-2, R160B, R160B-1, R160B-2.. Its an R160 nothing different in looks a bit. Even option orders has no difference..

Anyways back on topic..

Thanks everyone. When people said "does it really matter" or "what's the point," they were mostly alluding to ridicule especially in my past threads. I personally love both fleets to the same level, but rode the R68As a lot more and felt that they belong down West End.

Thanks everyone. When people said "does it really matter" or "what's the point," they were mostly alluding to ridicule especially in my past threads. I personally love both fleets to the same level, but rode the R68As a lot more and felt that they belong down West End.

Well then just let em say it and ignore it. Simple as that :P

And there are some R68As when its Yankees Special tho i think runs from ether Norwood, bedford pk blvd or 161st St to 2nd ave/Houston..

While 1 or 2 sets on the entire line during weekday service..

But the best part is that its a rare catch on the (D). So its fun to catch it.

Same like Daniel wanted the (A) to be all R32s, since there isnt any for him.. Well the (A) is R32! 2 sets and its fun to catch when ever ;) Caught like 2 of em today[sept 27] and the 26

First off, I think that the (D) can use any subway car & it'll look good on that line. As for this topic, I would love to see the R68A's come back to the (D). That's where they started and they looked great on that line. The R68's on the (D) currently are great too but I liked the variety of riding a 68 one trip and a 68A on another. It kinda reminds me of my childhood and being a brand new subway buff at that time. Normally, I'm not too big on variety on a subway line but maybe because the cars are similar, that's why I dug it so much. If it never happen like that again, then that's fine. Like I said before, the R68's on the (D) are great, they really are, but I would get so excited to see the R68A's back in full service on the (D) and not just for Yankee specials.

They're the same train with a few minor aesthetic differences. I ride the (B) and (Q) every so often and I really can't recall from trip to trip whether it was an R-68 or an R-68A, nor do I care to. If you want to bring back memories of the 90s, you'll have to find a whole lot of Redbirds, slants, and R-38s.

Archived