Along I-95 and other highways

• 1 month later...

Nice!

The twin spans of the DMB are actually something like 30 years in age difference. I've driven over them at least 4x a year for the last 8 years for various reasons, usually puppy transport for rescue groups. Guess which one was built in the 30's? :cool:

- A

I love the bridges!! I have ridden over ALL of them!!

Cool!

Nice photos. I actually drove across the Delaware Memorial Bridge twice this year. Thanks for sharing with us. :cool:
You're welcome ;)

I dunno why, but I just love the DMB they just look so wonderful.

Nice!

The twin spans of the DMB are actually something like 30 years in age difference. I've driven over them at least 4x a year for the last 8 years for various reasons, usually puppy transport for rescue groups. Guess which one was built in the 30's? :cool:

- A

Thanks! And not really, which one is the older one? [North or south bound].

I was thinking of a different bridge, it's actually 17 years. The eastbound span opened in 1951. When it could no longer handle the volume of traffic several years later a "twin" span was approved & built, completed in 1968.

The bridge is also the world's longest twin span and has been since 1968, 41 years!

- A

I have 2 favorite spots on i-95.

One: Delaware house, for no particular reason aside that they have a Roy Rogers. :cool:

Two: the stretch that runs along the NEC, if you're lucky, or plan it right you can see a whole bunch of trains pass by at pretty high speeds, usually putting even the worst of the leadfoots to shame.

My house sits ~5 miles from an interchange, so it is used by me as a pax frequently.

- A

Archived