R32 (C) action at the World Trade Center

LRG

I headed to the World Trade Center today after school to see one thing and one thing only: the return of the (C) to the WTC! (Or shall we call it the (K) perhaps?)

I caught the following two cars a week ago. The only thing was that they were on the south end:

R323939CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter.png

R323938CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter0.png

Now just regular shots. The first photo was taken at 34th Street, not WTC:

R32Ctrainat34thStreet-PennStation.png

...with an R38-style rollsign...

R32CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter01.png

R32CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter02.png

R32CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter03.png

R32CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter04.png

R32CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter05.png

R32CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter06.png

...car no. 3864, which for some reason, it doesn't have the (K) reading....

R323648CtrainattheWorldTradeCenter.png

And whadaya peeps say? Let's get a load of...the (K) train syndrome!!!

They were already changed on car 3938:

R323938KtrainattheWorldTradeCenter0.png

R32Ktrainat34thStreet-PennStation.png

And a couple of T/Os were nice enough to change the front sign for me to read (K)!

R32KtrainattheWorldTradeCenter01.png

R32KtrainattheWorldTradeCenter02.png

R32KtrainattheWorldTradeCenter03.png

R32KtrainattheWorldTradeCenter04.png

That's all for now. Enjoy!

Awesome Pics dude! Nice to meet you there with backline =) . At first didnt know who you were at WTC, but when you had the cell im like.. Yeah thats LRG :)

btw when we were in car 3938 you said that the other rollsign didnt had a (K) it did, i after the <(:)> it was there B)

Awesome Pics dude! Nice to meet you there with backline =) . At first didnt know who you were at WTC, but when you had the cell im like.. Yeah thats LRG :P

btw when we were in car 3938 you said that the other rollsign didnt had a (K) it did, i after the <(B)> it was there ;)

Were you there around 5 PM?

Awesome Pics dude! Nice to meet you there with backline =) . At first didnt know who you were at WTC, but when you had the cell im like.. Yeah thats LRG :P

btw when we were in car 3938 you said that the other rollsign didnt had a (K) it did, i after the <(B)> it was there B)

Thanks man. Its great to meet more and more railfans every day...and I finally met you in person! Lol ;)

I guess that's where the (K)'s located on the R32 rollsign then, after the <B> reading "Washington Heights-6th Avenue", because they both went to Washington Heights, so it would make sense to group them together, rather than with the "Blue" lines....

Were you there around 5 PM?

I was there a little after 5:00, like 10 after most likely.

Thanks man. Its great to meet more and more railfans every day...and I finally met you in person! Lol :P

I guess that's where the (K)'s located on the R32 rollsign then, after the <B> reading "Washington Heights-6th Avenue", because they both went to Washington Heights, so it would make sense to group them together, rather than with the "Blue" lines....

I was there a little after 5:00, like 10 after most likely.

I saw two people walking with cameras, and one was taking a photo of the train I was in ;)

I saw two people walking with cameras, and one was taking a photo of the train I was in :P

That was mark1447 and another person from Forums who goes by backline...I was walking all over the place though. I was wearing a leather jacket.

One had blond curly hair

I think you mean str8. backline hair is naturally light brown/blond and a small bit of dark brown.. and he had a cam around him

I have dark brown hair and was wearing a Black sweater T with BX and a bird feather in white.

Dont wanna bring it off topic just to let em know^^. We could of met how ever :P

I think you mean str8. backline hair is naturally light brown/blond and a small bit of dark brown.. and he had a cam around him

I have dark brown hair and was wearing a Black sweater T with BX and a bird feather in white.

Dont wanna bring it off topic just to let em know^^. We could of met how ever ;)

I beleive one was wearing a striped shirt too :P

nice photos btw

Oh I seen him with the golden back shirt at WTC said hello. Sometime in the 4PM Hour. That one roll sign everyone talk about had the old hand crank no sign changer needed so I think a railfan did it because the other sign needed a sign changer and it was currect.

That was most likely car no. 3864.

Archived