Has anyone ridden a train from the 1st to last stop?

Daniel The Cool

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only the (7) and (1). On (NJT) :nec: and :njc: On :septa: R3, R5, R7.

- A

I was thinking about posting the commuter rail lines I done end to end but I descided not too. Since you did I will post the RR lines I did end to end...

:nec:

Hoboken - Spring Valley

LIRR Flatbush Ave - Hempstead

The electic portion of the hudson line lol.

Interesting topic, I'm really trying to think hard about this and I honestly can't say if I have rode many lines end to end. The (E), (L), (6), and the (7) are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. The (1) I rode, but it was a MoD trip and it ran express, so it probably doesn't count as a true 1 line. Then there was the (V), but only to QBP on the Vintage train. And the '(K)' when the R9's were running from 168th to WTC via express back in 2004 for the Centennial year.

The others have been split into parts or I took the express to skip the local stops and then got back on the local to continue to the end.

Oh and finally, I did ride the entire Path system when they had their 100th? year celebration and the system was totally free for the entire day.

I've ridden every line from end to end, from the 1960's 'til today. Of course I had a bus and subway pass in the beginning so it was pretty easy. Today, being a M/M, it's not as much fun but still interesting. Some lines were boring ,like the (C) or double (A) or (3) to Flatbush, while the(Q), (N) and (A) to the Rockaways were some of my favorites.

ive been on the (A)(:)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q6)(Q)<Q>(R)(S)*(V)(W)(Z)(1)(2)(3)(4)<4>(5)<5>(6)<6>(7)<7>(9) (SIR)'s ENTIRE LINE from first stop to last.

(S) Shuttles*:

(S) Franklin Av Shuttle

(S) Rockaway Park Shuttle

(S) 42 St Shuttle

(S) Dyre Av Shuttle (Now trains are marked as (5) trains)

(S) West End Shuttle (some trains were marked as (B) or (W) trains) (discontinued in 2002)

(S) Lefferts Blvd Shuttle (Late Nights Only) (some trains marked as (A) trains)

(S) 63 St Shuttle (Discontinued in 1999)

(S) Nassau St Shuttle (Discontinued in 1999)

(S) 6 Av Shuttle (discontinued in 2001)

(S) Grand Street Shuttle (Discontinued in 2004)

I don't know how anyone could sit on the (R) for the entire route, it's bad just riding it for a few stops.

The only routes I've ridden in full, (not railfanning purposes either) is:

(J) Jamaica Center - Broad St

(5) Bowling Green - Dyre Ave

(7)

(W)

The (R) is not as bad as everyone makes it seem. It does it's job serving as the local. Rarely has the (R) train ever had any major delays that hit other lines so often.

The (R) is not as bad as everyone makes it seem. It does it's job serving as the local. Rarely has the (R) train ever had any major delays that hit other lines so often.

=/ its got good service but to ride it from one end to the other..let's just say you have to not be in much of a hurry at all...and have a great great GREAT deal of patience. I managed to do it but I can't tell you how many times i wanted to jump off and get an express train.

Archived