TOMC and the R1/9's

R32 3838

What Museum equipment do you wish to ride this Holiday season?  

1. 1. What Museum equipment do you wish to ride this Holiday season?

• R1/9's
    • Low V's
    • TOMC R12,14,15,17,33ML
    • Redbirds R36WF

I really don't know how to do a poll but I just want to ask what Museum equipment do you wish to ride this Holiday season?

B-Dvision IND/BMT: R1/9's

A-Dvision IRT: Low V's, TOMC R12,14,15,17 and R33ML's or Redbirds R36WF

Me I would rather the A divison Train of Many Colors, They never bring them out for the holidays and the last time they ran for the Holiday season was back in 2004.

And I would run them on the 7th ave line from E148th st to the New South Ferry terminal or on the Lexington ave Line from E138th st (6) to Brooklyn Bridge or 59th st to Utica ave brooklyn (4).

I like the R1/9's but they need a break, TOMC would be nice and the IRT need some vintage stuff too.

Polls are disabled for regular members by the admin...

But yes i want the TOMCs! Give the R1/9 a break.. Train of Many colors is way better then Arnies!.. They even have it in service for certain occasion, While the R12/15/17 and R33ML/WF is stuck for yearly!

I bet this dec its gonna be bs again!

I would do what they did in 2004: Every weekend for a month have it run on its former redbird like (2)(4)(5)(6)(7).. And maybe the (1)(3)! Like 2004!

btw are there enough R36 for regular service? At least 1 set

Maybe combine a few R33 with it. They have a few 5 set at Union Port yd for that

Polls are disabled for regular members by the admin...

But yes i want the TOMCs! Give the R1/9 a break.. Train of Many colors is way better then Arnies!.. They even have it in service for certain occasion, While the R12/15/17 and R33ML/WF is stuck for yearly!

I bet this dec its gonna be bs again!

I would do what they did in 2004: Every weekend for a month have it run on its former redbird like (2)(4)(5)(6)(7).. And maybe the (1)(3)! Like 2004!

btw are there enough R36 for regular service? At least 1 set

Maybe combine a few R33 with it. They have a few 5 set at Union Port yd for that

Those R36WF as well R26/28 and R29's are Museum and they need to be worked on, he R36WF cars I would love to see them run again along the (7).

Those R36WF as well R26/28 and R29's are Museum and they need to be worked on, he R36WF cars I would love to see them run again along the (7).

Yeah but R33WF/36 sucks a bit, No A/C.. Tho since its getting cold it wouldnt matter, so its good!

They have Redbirds in Corona, R36, Union ports 2 sets of 5, 207th have a few.. NYCTM too. CI?

I dunno..

But there is enough for the TOMC!

Hmm i may just email the t/a and see what are they doing this dec..

Yeah but R33WF/36 sucks a bit, No A/C.. Tho since its getting cold it wouldnt matter, so its good!

They have Redbirds in Corona, R36, Union ports 2 sets of 5, 207th have a few.. NYCTM too. CI?

I dunno..

R33WF don't have A/C, but its R36WF counterparts do.

Trust Me don't do that, You have to wait and see, As much I would want to see the TOMC run, I would just wait.

Wait for wat? Email? I emailed them already lol..

R33WF don't have A/C, but its R36WF counterparts do.

I know

R33WF or as people call it "S=Single" doesnt and R36WF ether. I think. I know MainLine versions have it

Does the Mainline R26/28/29 have A/Cs? I think .. I dunno

I dunno..

Are you talking about the same redbirds of the TOMC consist? Those are R33ML and they do have a/c's [i stayed in them when it got too hot to stay around in the museum cars a few years ago on a March of Dimes fan trip].

Also I'm pretty sure all the paired redbird sets had a/c's from the R26/28/29/33/36's. Only the R33WF singles had no a/c's.

They should definitely bring out A-Division trains for this December. But first, they should fix them up a bit. They should fix the broken door panels, A/C, interior lighting, fans, dead motors, etc. Personally, I would love to see the R-36 ML do a trip or two.... i don't think that the Mainline R-36s have ever done a fantrip before.

Are you talking about the same redbirds of the TOMC consist? Those are R33ML and they do have a/c's [i stayed in them when it got too hot to stay around in the museum cars a few years ago on a March of Dimes fan trip].

Also I'm pretty sure all the paired redbird sets had a/c's from the R26/28/29/33/36's. Only the R33WF singles had no a/c's.

Yeah..

The R33WF original sceme and a few R33WF GOH does not have A/cs

I was on one of em and it did had A/cs the ML pair.. Rest had fans.. singles and R12/15/17

did u went to this yrs tomc or last yrs? I did both

I would like to see the R9s or the Low-Vs come out. I think they run the R9s because they run as an extra train on the (V) when there is enough of a gap in (F) service. The runs that the Holiday Train makes between 2nd Av and Qns Plaza are not schedualed runs. Since I do not ride the IRT at all, I don't know if on weekend there would be enough of a gap in service to run the TOMCs and relay them without interupting service. Since the Holiday Train does not bring in any money to the (MTA) or museum, it is of little or no importance. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I think it was last year when the Holiday Train was canceled due to a GO on the 6th Av line.

I would like to see the R9s or the Low-Vs come out. I think they run the R9s because they run as an extra train on the (V) when there is enough of a gap in (F) service. The runs that the Holiday Train makes between 2nd Av and Qns Plaza are not schedualed runs. Since I do not ride the IRT at all, I don't know if on weekend there would be enough of a gap in service to run the TOMCs and relay them without interupting service. Since the Holiday Train does not bring in any money to the (MTA) or museum, it is of little or no importance. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I think it was last year when the Holiday Train was canceled due to a GO on the 6th Av line.

It was cancled one weekend last year because of Snow causing trains to be laid up underground thus causing all G.Os to be cancaled. So they didn't run the train that weekend.

I'd have to choose the Lo-V. Why? Because I've never gotten a chance to ride on it.

But what I really wanted was the BU Gate Cars, only because I'm dying even more to ride those.

The Low-V is sweet to ride, even better to operate. Fun little train. :)

Wait for wat? Email? I emailed them already lol..

I know

R33WF or as people call it "S=Single" doesnt and R36WF ether. I think. I know MainLine versions have it

Does the Mainline R26/28/29 have A/Cs? I think .. I dunno

All Redbirds have A/C, The R33WF singles don't have A/C, But the R26,28,29,33ML and R36ML/WF has A/C.

I'd have to choose the Lo-V. Why? Because I've never gotten a chance to ride on it.

But what I really wanted was the BU Gate Cars, only because I'm dying even more to ride those.

They (the Gate Cars) won't be coming out for a trip again (if they do, me and alot of other people will be very surprised). From what I have heard, the TA was very reluctant to bring them out for trips back in 2004.

Archived