The 2009 MLB Hunt for October! Who will go all the way this year?

mass production

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Division Series and NLCS is on cable TV, am I the only one who sees something wrong with this? The marquee games of your sport are not being exposed to the maximum audience on network TV. I guess it is apox on the rabbit eared attenae users.

Come to think of it, this whole year has been about trying to get rid of attenae users. Digital TV gives an unsteady signal, with analog you have may gotten fuzz but you got a signal.

Cable has changed television since 1979. The Yankees once were regulars on WPIX Channel 11 (Radio WMCA 57) and the Mets on WOR Channel 9 (Radio WHN 1050). We also had the Saturday Game Of The Week on WNBC Channel 4 and during the summer ABC Monday Night Baseball on WABC Channel 7. The All-Star Game, League Championship Series and the World Series always were on channel 2, 4 or 7 in those days. Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White were a good team.

Best of (7) for ALCS between the Yankees and the Angels that starts this weekend. I hope the Yankees take (4) out of (2) against the Angles.

Best of (7) for NLCS between the Phillies and the Dodgers that starts this Thursday. This series will go up to game (7) the Dodgers winning it.

In the World Series will be the Yankees vs the Dodgers going at it again for the first time since 1981 under former manager of the Yankees/current manager of the Dodgers Joe Torre. This will be interesting to watch, and would give a chance to bring back old rivals when the Dodgers played at Ebbets Field in Brooklyn.

The Division Series and NLCS is on cable TV, am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?

Yeah, but there's always radio. Anyways, I have a feeling that the Angels will be a really tough team to face. They're going to give it all to Nick Adenhart and we're going to give it all up for the new stadium. This is an interesting game and I cannot predict the results as both teams are massive powerhouses and will give a pitcher battle as well.

The Phillies I think are going to beat the Dodgers in a close game, however, it will be a good game to watch.

Manager Joe Girardi is considering going with a three man rotation - C.C. Sabathia, A.J. Burnett and Andy. Barring any rainouts that would mean C.C. Friday, A.J. Saturday, Andy Monday and C.C. Tuesday. C.C. will have eight days rest since the Yankees swept and he pitched Game 1 and three days rest between Game 1 and Game 4. If necessary, A.J. would pitch Thursday, Andy would pitch Saturday and C.C. would pitch Sunday. There is a day off in Anaheim between Game 4 and Game 5.

I think they might want to keep Joba in the bullpen to work with Phil Hughes and Chad Gaudin.

A three man rotation is good enough. The other starting pitchers consist of only Joba and Chad Gaudin.

Joba is a good pitcher, but the only issue is that bad inning he always runs into. 5 runs in one inning isn't a very pleasurable game to play in especially against the Angels with their power batters.

Chad hasn't pitched a lot this season, but he definitely has potential. In the games that I've seen him play in, he only gave up two runs which is what I will consider, a great game. However, I have no idea how good he really is and he might have just run into a little luck in those games.

Unless you want to really experiment in a series, they should stay in the bullpen, but not be starting pitchers. There's too much at stake against a powerhouse like the Angels.

I totally agree. Joba is better off as a reliever since they botched his 'limits' later this year. He's not a person I'd be confident in to last at least 5 innings without giving up a lot of pitches. At least shore up the pen to win the games CC, AJ, and Andy pitched in. Game 4 [i hate to say] is expendable or a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

I totally agree. Joba is better off as a reliever since they botched his 'limits' later this year. He's not a person I'd be confident in to last at least 5 innings without giving up a lot of pitches. At least shore up the pen to win the games CC, AJ, and Andy pitched in. Game 4 [i hate to say] is expendable or a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

Finally come to grips that Joba was a better MLB reliever than he is a MLB starter....

I'll cut you SOME slack though... yankee management ruined that man's career... classic case of 'you don't fix what isn't broken'... I doubt he can throw anything harder than 97 anymore... If he remains a starter, I see him as being nothing better than average.... You don't take a decent reliever out of the pen, make him a starter, and then opt to throwing him back in the pen & think he's gonna be as effective as he was the first go-round.... It's a whole different mindset w/ a lot of relievers...

far as going with a 3 man rotation, I don't think it's as big a deal as those yankee haters... I meant, analysts on ESPN are making it out to be.... Of course, that puts more pressure on that offense to score... but look who we're talking about here.....

far as predictions go, I see the yankees in 6, and the phillies in 7.... for the mlb's sake, these better be long series; 3 out of 4 sweeps thus far in the DS' isn't lookin too well... lol....

oh, I see the yankees sweeping the phillies in the world series... that team to me is overrated... I don't see them outscoring the yankees, and I sure as hell don't see them outpitching them... let's not talk about that atrocity that is their bullpen..........

There's going to be a problem next year since they'll probably want Hughes to be a starter and they'll likely put him on the same innings limit as Joba.

Phillies did manage to win 2/3 this year at the stadium, so don't count them out yet. Granted the Yankees' pen has the clear edge, the Phillies still have a pretty good starting rotation.

We won the game yesterday, but never get your hopes high when playing against the Angels. You are forgetting what happened for the past two ALDSs we've been in. We've always won the first game, and the Angels jumped back and won the series.

Your right what you said about what happened with the Yankees lost two ALDS against the Angles, but I have a good feeling that the Yankees will win it this year!!!

Like I said, if the Angels can finally beat Boston, then maybe the Yankees can finally beat the Angels. Plus the Yankees lost in series that were best of 5. I think a best of 7 will be in their favor.

I also have to think maybe the cold weather might've impacted the Angels somewhat. Lol, at Cano's 'hoodie'. It seemed mad cold ;)

Archived