The 2009 MLB Hunt for October! Who will go all the way this year?

mass production

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Blanton is pitching Sunday.

And the Bank is a very loud place too, despite seating less than the House.

Bad move by Manuel, why not use Lee? Why did he have to announce it so soon? Girardi is going to wait until after game 3 tomorrow night to announce game 4 starter. This is the World Series, it's all or nothing.

I'm so ecstatic. This makes up for 2001 and 2004.

Oh now you are estatic.. sure didn't sound like it back in April-May when ARod was down and you gave up on the season.

And 2003 was when they were last in the WS. Since they didn't make it to the WS in 2004, there was no disappointment about the WS because they weren't in it.

Hideki Matsui earned the W.S. MVP! A job well done.

Yes, I was surprised he got the MVP award for this one game than Mo for all the multi inning outs he pitched in the series. I would've thought Sabathia or Rivera would've gotten it or even Andy.

Well if Matsui doesn't come back next year, this will be a wonderful send off for him. It doesn't get better than this to end his tenure with the Yankees.

Yes, I was surprised he got the MVP award for this one game than Mo for all the multi inning outs he pitched in the series. I would've thought Sabathia or Rivera would've gotten it or even Andy.

Well if Matsui doesn't come back next year, this will be a wonderful send off for him. It doesn't get better than this to end his tenure with the Yankees.

Why he want to leave a team who just won a championship?

Why he want to leave a team who just won a championship?

Because the team has no room for him. Matsui is a DH only, and that is a problem because you have Damon and Posada that needs days off to rest and also ARod and Texiera who may need time to rest as well. Matsui will put a hamper on those plans.

Those players are not young anymore and need rest. Unless Matsui comes back as a bench player [which I highly doubt], he'll want more playing time and the Yankees can't give that to him.

That's why he has no choice but to look for another team.

Back in 1996, in Mr. Joe Torre's very first-ever season in the A.L., the Yankees defeated the defending World Series Champion Atlanta Braves 4 games to 2; Now today in 2009 in Mr. Joe Girardi's second season as an A.L. manager, the Yankees defeat the defending World Series Champion Phillies 4 games to 2. Then we started 0-2; now 0-1. In 1997, the Yankees went on to win the A.L Wild Card (We and the Orioles (!) traded places; it'll be interesting to watch where we finish in 2010.

Archived