R160 assignments

jimbob60

Um, Capitalization and punctuation (!!!) comes in hand you know!

And in regards to 9815, that car has been in service since mid-August, along with the rest of the 9813-9822 consist. Cars in the 9850 series should be entering service shortly, if they haven't entered service yet.

I don't think cars in the 9850 range have even been delivered yet. The last photo documented car they delivered was 9837, about a month ago. They should be somewhere between 9843-9852 now.

I could swear that someone who was considered to be credible a few months back posted that R people were getting qualified.

They probably are being qualified; we have no way of knowing for sure, except for the T/Os who post on this board.

If the (R) even runs a small amount of R160s, won't the (R) line crew have to be qualified for it? I believe that when the (R) was extended to 179th Street earlier this weekend during GOs, it borrowed R160s from the (E) and the (F), using (E) and (F) crew. I'm not entirely sure though about this, correct me if I'm wrong.

Probably isn't the case. I didn't see any this weekend and I wasn't aware that it was even extended to 179 St. Anything regarding R-160s in regular (R) service other than a rare (W) being sent to 95 St and signed as an (R) ... isn't credible.

I could swear that someone who was considered to be credible a few months back posted that R people were getting qualified.

(R) crew has to get qualified because they work at a yard that houses R160s, so if an emergency happens that requires the (R) to use R160s, they will be no trouble. same thing goes for the (;), which is housed at Coney Island even though they are no plans to put R160s there.

That's gotta stink. Pitkin shouldn't be left out of the R160 party, if you know what I mean even when the order if complete

im sure you want all "B" Division yards to have R160s (Concourse, Pitkin, and 207th Streets are the only ones without them), but that is not going to happen. the (D) will continue to be exclusively R68s like it has since 1996 for years to come and the (A)(C) will be R44s, R46s, and MAYBE R68/68As when this is all said and done.

I did a rough estimate and the F should be mostly R160 with 2-3 sets of R46s if the R needs 3-5 R160 trains to supplement their R46s.

this is a stupid idea. they should make the (F) exclusively R160s and the (R) exclusively R46s.

Some people still believes that the remaining R160Bs are going to CI. If that was the case, then some R68As would have to be shifted elsewhere. Back on topic, the newer R160Bs are not going to CI and are going to Jamaica to displace the R46s to 207th, while the Jamaica 60 ft SMEEs are gone.

Coney Island has a deficit of cars, so it does need some R160s, but not a lot. if this happens, the R68/68As should go on the (A)(C) where i believe they would look good on. i already told you Jamaica is overloaded with cars and cannot maintain all 1000+ that run on the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V). they value the R46s more than any other car types. that is why the Phase II R32s got retired so quickly, why the R42s continue to suck, and why the R160s there are already starting to fall apart. (E) riders will suffer, no matter what cars they get.

when the order is complete will(F) be 100 percent 160s with that many cars left to be delvered that should be enough to make the (F) all 160s plus put some on the on the (R) i have seen car number 9815 on the (E) this weekend

i do not think there are plans to make the (F) fully R160s and to have them run on all five Queens Boulevard Lines.

That's what they said before the (F) got them. It will happen being that retirement of the 60 ft SMEEs is imminent and some R-46s have been transferred (and may continue to be transferred) for use on the (A) (and eventually the (C)), R-160s will eventually hit the (R) and could probably turn up on any line based out of Jamaica.

yes, ircc, original plans were to transfer all R42s at Jamaica to 207th Street to have them run only on the (A)(C) and retire the R38s, all remaining R32s to run only on the (E), and have R160s go on the (F)(R) so they can transfer the R46s to Pitkin to retire the R40/40Ms. if that was the case, the (A) would be only R44/46s, the (C) only R42s, (F)(R) to be R46s and R160s, and (E) R32s and R160s. but because of the problems with (C) line, it was decided to have R160s go on the (E) first since it was exchanging its R32s for R42s (which they know would be a downgrade) to the (C). the day the R160s debuted on the (E) was the day the Jamaica/Pitkin/207th Street transfer was supposed to take effect, but this was pushed back two weeks for reasons i do not know.

i already told you Jamaica is overloaded with cars and cannot maintain all 1000+ that run on the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V). they value the R46s more than any other car types. that is why the Phase II R32s got retired so quickly, why the R42s continue to suck, and why the R160s there are already starting to fall apart. (E) riders will suffer, no matter what cars they get.

Jamaica prioritized the R46s for yard space before the R160s went to Jamaica. Now that the R160s are at Jamaica we don't know which one they prioritize, but I would imagine it would be the R160.

yes, ircc, original plans were to transfer all R42s at Jamaica to 207th Street to have them run only on the (A)(C) and retire the R38s, all remaining R32s to run only on the (E), and have R160s go on the (F)(R) so they can transfer the R46s to Pitkin to retire the R40/40Ms. if that was the case, the (A) would be only R44/46s, the (C) only R42s, (F)(R) to be R46s and R160s, and (E) R32s and R160s. but because of the problems with (C) line, it was decided to have R160s go on the (E) first since it was exchanging its R32s for R42s (which they know would be a downgrade) to the (C). the day the R160s debuted on the (E) was the day the Jamaica/Pitkin/207th Street transfer was supposed to take effect, but this was pushed back two weeks for reasons i do not know.

I don't think the R160s went on the (E) for that reason. They originally wanted the (F) R160s to be based out of Avenue X, but changed that to Jamaica for some reason which I do not know (probably for practicality). Then, since the R160s were going to be based out of Jamaica, they put them on the (E) first instead of the (F). The R160s, under the plan you mentioned, could still go on the (F) while displacing cars to 207th St.

Jamaica prioritized the R46s for yard space before the R160s went to Jamaica. Now that the R160s are at Jamaica we don't know which one they prioritize, but I would imagine it would be the R160.

I don't think the R160s went on the (E) for that reason. They originally wanted the (F) R160s to be based out of Avenue X, but changed that to Jamaica for some reason which I do not know (probably for practicality). Then, since the R160s were going to be based out of Jamaica, they put them on the (E) first instead of the (F). The R160s, under the plan you mentioned, could still go on the (F) while displacing cars to 207th St.

The (MTA) never intended them to be based out of Av X in the first place.

They went to Jamaica because they have 60' SMEE cars that need to be

retired,and the R160's are the cars that are gonna replace them.and the first

line to get them was the (E) line since it was all R32.

this is a stupid idea. they should make the (F) exclusively R160s and the (R) exclusively R46s.

Coney Island has a deficit of cars, so it does need some R160s, but not a lot. if this happens, the R68/68As should go on the (A)(C) where i believe they would look good on. i already told you Jamaica is overloaded with cars and cannot maintain all 1000+ that run on the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V). they value the R46s more than any other car types. that is why the Phase II R32s got retired so quickly, why the R42s continue to suck, and why the R160s there are already starting to fall apart. (E) riders will suffer, no matter what cars they get.

First of all, it's not my idea to make the F part R46 so the R can have some. Second, Coney Island is at full capacity which is why no more trains can be stored. Why should the R68/As go to the A/C when they will soon become the oldest trains in the system? I love the R68s along Broadway and 6th Avenue, but as a regular A rider I am neglected to again receive the oldest trains in the system for another 2 decades. Third, the R46s will eventually become a minority at Jamaica as more R160s will move in; it's called displacement. And the A/C will become all R46 in the future.

The (MTA) never intended them to be based out of Av X in the first place.

They went to Jamaica because they have 60' SMEE cars that need to be

retired,and the R160's are the cars that are gonna replace them.and the first

line to get them was the (E) line since it was all R32.

The Ave X thing was to be a temporary measure so that the (F) could borrow some CI cars, and this was to try to speed up retirements of older stuff. There were some delays on the 160's last year, and they were waiting for the base order to finish, and the options sto start arriving at Jamaica. However, by the time this was to be implemented, the Jamaica cars began arriving, and so went directly onto the (E) as planned. (To keep the (E) with 60 foot cars).

The Ave X thing was to be a temporary measure so that the (F) could borrow some CI cars, and this was to try to speed up retirements of older stuff. There were some delays on the 160's last year, and they were waiting for the base order to finish, and the options sto start arriving at Jamaica. However, by the time this was to be implemented, the Jamaica cars began arriving, and so went directly onto the (E) as planned. (To keep the (E) with 60 foot cars).

Ah,ok.so it was ment to be a temporary thing untill Jamaica got the cars.

i think the 160s went to the (E) because of all the bad press specifically from the daily news about all the 32 cars that didnt have air condition in the summer of 2008 and after those articles the (E) received the 42s and now the 160s if it wasnt for that i think the 160s would have went to the (F) first

i think the 160s went to the (E) because of all the bad press specifically from the daily news about all the 32 cars that didnt have air condition in the summer of 2008 and after those articles the (E) received the 42s and now the 160s if it wasnt for that i think the 160s would have went to the (F) first

The (E) line would've gotton the R160's even without the bad press.the line

was all R32.

Exactly. Thank you. R160s are meant to replace the R32 , R40 , R42 fleet. The (E) got the R160 same reason why every other line got them. The only line that has a special reason for getting them is the (F).

Back in 2002, The R32 was not metioned in that document but they changed it, The R44's were supoosed to be replaced by the R160's, But the Phase II R32's left because of their Problems, The (E) got them because of Clout, I ridden the (E) all my life, (E) riders hated the R32's since 1991, The (F) was supposed to be the 1st line to get them since everybody was trained for it, But the (E) supt. Got involed and Bicthed about why the (F) was planed to get them 1st but they changed their minds and put them on the (E) 1st, The (E) was supposed to get the R160 around the same time the (F) started getting them.

im sure you want all "B" Division yards to have R160s (Concourse, Pitkin, and 207th Streets are the only ones without them), but that is not going to happen. the (D) will continue to be exclusively R68s like it has since 1996 for years to come and the (A)(C) will be R44s, R46s, and MAYBE R68/68As when this is all said and done.

i do not think there are plans to make the (F) fully R160s and to have them run on all five Queens Boulevard Lines.

Quoted from Flushing Express Post:

When Hell Freezes over is when the (A)/© would get R68's.

Back in 2002, The R32 was not metioned in that document but they changed it, The R44's were supoosed to be replaced by the R160's, But the Phase II R32's left because of their Problems, The (E) got them because of Clout, I ridden the (E) all my life, (E) riders hated the R32's since 1991, The (F) was supposed to be the 1st line to get them since everybody was trained for it, But the (E) supt. Got involed and Bicthed about why the (F) was planed to get them 1st but they changed their minds and put them on the (E) 1st, The (E) was supposed to get the R160 around the same time the (F) started getting them.

There are no (E) riders. There are people who frequently use the line for their commutes. And people who were Queens Blvd. express riders in the mid 1970s and 19780s, some from Hillside Av. and later Jamaica Center were used to the smooth riding and quiet R46s while the R32s ran on the local lines. That is why the Queens Blvd. express riders did not like the R32 on one of the express lines. Doesn't matter if they made the (E) all R32 or the (F) all R32, or if the R32 was an R40 or R42, it was going from a more modern and quieter train to an older, noisier one. And let's be clear. The (E) only had 60 foot trains due to dwell times. If the R46 had the same amount of doors and wasn't 75 feet as the R32, the R32 would never had replaced the R46 on the (E). The R32 was a replacement for the R46 to make the (E) load and unload faster, yet curiously, the (F), that had a slightly higher passenger load, stayed with mostly R46s from 1990-2008. No one gave a damn about RFW or Budd cars or anything like that as a reason for having them on the (E).

If the (E) supt. stepped in to have R160s on the line, he did his job. There was no good reason why any line on Queens Blvd. other than the (E) should have the newest 60-foot trains first. The (E) was one of the biggest reasons why the new cars are 60 feet. Whatever plans the MTA had at one time was changed, the (E) runs all R160s, I don't agree that they are in bad shape at all though they could be cleaner (but still are a lot cleaner than the ENY R160s), the (F) has a good amount of them, I don't see any need for them on the (R), but I think the (R) is bound to get them sometime.

I still think that the MTA should replace 75 foot cars with 75 foot cars, be creative with the design, and make them 5 doors per car. But I guess the new R179s, wherever they go, may be 60 feet. The R44s, have a few years left, then there's going to be replacing 75 foot cars for awhile and it would make sense to design other 75 foot cars that have good dwell time to replace the existing ones and have fewer trucks and components to maintain.

There are no (E) riders. There are people who frequently use the line for their commutes. And people who were Queens Blvd. express riders in the mid 1970s and 19780s, some from Hillside Av. and later Jamaica Center were used to the smooth riding and quiet R46s while the R32s ran on the local lines. That is why the Queens Blvd. express riders did not like the R32 on one of the express lines. Doesn't matter if they made the (E) all R32 or the (F) all R32, or if the R32 was an R40 or R42, it was going from a more modern and quieter train to an older, noisier one. And let's be clear. The (E) only had 60 foot trains due to dwell times. If the R46 had the same amount of doors and wasn't 75 feet as the R32, the R32 would never had replaced the R46 on the (E). The R32 was a replacement for the R46 to make the (E) load and unload faster, yet curiously, the (F), that had a slightly higher passenger load, stayed with mostly R46s from 1990-2008. No one gave a damn about RFW or Budd cars or anything like that as a reason for having them on the (E).

If the (E) supt. stepped in to have R160s on the line, he did his job. There was no good reason why any line on Queens Blvd. other than the (E) should have the newest 60-foot trains first. The (E) was one of the biggest reasons why the new cars are 60 feet. Whatever plans the MTA had at one time was changed, the (E) runs all R160s, I don't agree that they are in bad shape at all though they could be cleaner (but still are a lot cleaner than the ENY R160s), the (F) has a good amount of them, I don't see any need for them on the (R), but I think the (R) is bound to get them sometime.

I still think that the MTA should replace 75 foot cars with 75 foot cars, be creative with the design, and make them 5 doors per car. But I guess the new R179s, wherever they go, may be 60 feet. The R44s, have a few years left, then there's going to be replacing 75 foot cars for awhile and it would make sense to design other 75 foot cars that have good dwell time to replace the existing ones and have fewer trucks and components to maintain.

Why they didn't they train the (E) crews before the (F), You can't just slam a new subway car on a line and don't train the Crew C/R's and T/O's, The 1st day of that damn thing on the (E) screwed up the railroad big time on both 8th ave and Queens bivd all due to some of the crews not knowing about the whole train, That's my peice on this. And yes the (E)/® swaped in 1991, the (E) took the ®'s R32's while the (R) took the (E)'s R46's. And yes it was the (E) riders that whined for 15 years about a damn train, Who cares, If it has wheels and it could get me from point A to B That matters, Go to another country with this attitude and they will look at you like you are crazy, That's why people should be bless that you have good running trains.

Why they didn't they train the (E) crews before the (F), You can't just slam a new subway car on a line and don't train the Crew C/R's and T/O's, The 1st day of that damn thing on the (E) screwed up the railroad big time on both 8th ave and Queens bivd all due to some of the crews not knowing about the whole train, That's my peice on this. And yes the (E)/® swaped in 1991, the (E) took the ®'s R32's while the (R) took the (E)'s R46's. And yes it was the (E) riders that whined for 15 years about a damn train, Who cares, If it has wheels and it could get me from point A to B That matters, Go to another country with this attitude and they will look at you like you are crazy, That's why people should be bless that you have good running trains.

Whined? No. As I said, riders of the Queens Blvd. Express lines didn't like a newer car being replaced with an older car. Not uncommon as (:P riders didn't like when the (B)'s R68s were replaced with R40 slants. And, back to the (E), it was the only one on the Queens Blvd. line running them exclusively, while most of the other lines had mostly R46s. As for attitudes and people in other countries, that's a curious statement. You absolutely trash the R42 and you are beginning to trash the R160s, at least the ones in Jamaica.

Exactly. Thank you. R160s are meant to replace the R32 , R40 , R42 fleet. The (E) got the R160 same reason why every other line got them. The only line that has a special reason for getting them is the (F).

The (F) does not have a special reason for getting them. If you're referring to the fact that the (F) got them because they wanted to improve the reliability of the (F) as outlined in the (F) report...that's exactly the same reason why every other line got them in the first place.

( true or false all R42 at Jamiaca yard will be reefed by

end of Demcember 2009 or janaury 2010?

Yes. There should only be 70-80 R42s left at Jamaica at best estimate (down from 110 around a month ago), because 40 R160s came into service within the past month (9563-9592, 9823-9832).

___

Oh, and another thing. WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HOW (E) RIDERS ARE GETTING SHAFTED BY NOT GETTING THE NEW CARS, IF THE (E) IS 100% R160S?!?!? There's nothing to argue about! I took the QBL today and every (F) I saw was an R160 too, so why are we arguing? It's all a moot point anyway.

The (F) does not have a special reason for getting them. If you're referring to the fact that the (F) got them because they wanted to improve the reliability of the (F) as outlined in the (F) report...that's exactly the same reason why every other line got them in the first place.

Yes. There should only be 70-80 R42s left at Jamaica at best estimate (down from 110 around a month ago), because 40 R160s came into service within the past month (9563-9592, 9823-9832).

___

Oh, and another thing. WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HOW (E) RIDERS ARE GETTING SHAFTED BY NOT GETTING THE NEW CARS, IF THE (E) IS 100% R160S?!?!? There's nothing to argue about! I took the QBL today and every (F) I saw was an R160 too, so why are we arguing? It's all a moot point anyway.

Jamaica has atleast 90 R42's left, Now 2 sets on the (R), 6-7 sets on the (V), I have heard that Jamaica sent more R32's to CI but I see an R32 on the (R) or (V) or any Jamaica Line then they are still there, Jamaica lost 1 set of R160's to CI 9123-9132 (originaly CI) instead of sending another Trainset of R32 but I did not see a single R32 in sight on friday and that's very weird becasue Jamaica always bring out an R32 trainset, This week alone there was only 1 R32 Trainset running, Currently Jamaica owns 26 R32's 20 cars for service + 2 cars (a pair) spare and 4 cars that's the work motors for the Refuse (garbage train).

Archived