Station Agent and Property Protection Agent

primomjr78

It looks like they wont be hiring either of these titles for a long time. I spoke to transit today and they are not even sure if they will hire for either of these titles through 2010. The Test was given in June 2008 for station agent and April 2008 for Property Protection. That is 16 months and 18 months respectively and neither have a list established yet. This is not a good sign.

It looks like they wont be hiring either of these titles for a long time. I spoke to transit today and they are not even sure if they will hire for either of these titles through 2010. The Test was given in June 2008 for station agent and April 2008 for Property Protection. That is 16 months and 18 months respectively and neither have a list established yet. This is not a good sign.

They fill the property protection jobs with people from other titles that have been demoted. You go to property protection or station cleaner, it's rare these days to even go back to your former title if that title was safety sensitive.

Dcas needs money.....and it might as well be yours......come on.....this taken a test thing is a joke.....

I was on a list for Conductor and my list number was 10k.....over 20k people were on that list with a passing score....and they gave another test?? All 20k people should be gone thru or most of them before they give another test....alot of people can't pass the drug test....move out of state....or whatever.....but at least go thru the 20k people that passed!!!!

A JOKE!!

Dcas needs money.....and it might as well be yours......come on.....this taken a test thing is a joke.....

I was on a list for Conductor and my list number was 10k.....over 20k people were on that list with a passing score....and they gave another test?? All 20k people should be gone thru or most of them before they give another test....alot of people can't pass the drug test....move out of state....or whatever.....but at least go thru the 20k people that passed!!!!

A JOKE!!

Well we all here know it's not possible for them to go thru 20K people. If you take a test and your list number is not in the top 2000 then you might as well forget about that job. I see your a B/O so um sure when you took your exam you got a pretty good list number. When I took my station agent's exam in 2004 I got a list number of 486 I believe out of 3200, So I knew I would be a shoe in for the job. I do agree with you that DCAS and TA need money and will be glad to take yours. If they don't hire anyone from these two exams I believe that's illegal. Anyone who took these exams should try and file suite against DCAS and TA. If they did'nt intend to hire anyone for these jobs they should have refunded people's money or at least offer alternate positions.

Refund the money? No. If you took the exam and you didn't score high enough, oh well, either live with it or try again.

Did you read what I typed?? I did'nt say if you did not score high enough get a refund. I said if they didn't intend to hire anyone they should refund your money. If you got a list number of 10000 then don't expect to get a job. But if your list number is about 100 and you never get a call from TA and they dont hire anyone from the list you should be refunded your money.

A JOKE!!

well civil service law says the list expires after 4 years. so im sure they don't care what 20,000 people get the job, but if they took all 20,000 from one list, it would take 40 years to get to 20,000 people (assuming 2,000 every 4 years like its been)

well civil service law says the list expires after 4 years. so im sure they don't care what 20,000 people get the job, but if they took all 20,000 from one list, it would take 40 years to get to 20,000 people (assuming 2,000 every 4 years like its been)

My point is that they just take your money and run........I think the law should be changed....so the people are not short changed......if you pass....you get a shot......they keep giving the same test every few years.....alot of the same people take the same test again and again......why should we the people keep putting our money in the pockets in this system of lies? 2 books of finaces?? if 20k people are on the list.....and lets say it was 40 bucks.....that is 800k.....every test times lets say 500k not every list has 20k people on it....where does all that money go?? They rent the school you take the test in?? The people giving the test?? come on man.......this system is no good.....

Just my point of view......

what do you mean give all 20k a shot? there arent enough jobs! i know some jobs have a lottery for all who passed but it should go to those who scored highest in my opinion

gove em 8 years to go thru the list....instead of giving 2 set of tests......just an idea....

then they'd get to about 4000. your own plan wouldnt make you happy lol. not for a goal of 20,000

The current system of calling in the order you scored is just fine. My only gripe with these two particular test are if they didn't intend to hire people they should give you back your money. I know alot of people who scored high on both these exams and would like to have a chance at a job with the MTA. If the outcome of this is no one gets hired then alot of people will give up on the civil service exam system. Alot of people already think paying to take a test for a job is BS, and this would reiterate that fact. Most not all of the people that take these exams are either coming alot lower paying jobs ( I was one of them) and don't really have the money to shell out and not get any results for it. I mean if you pass a test with a low score i.e. 72 with a list number of bout 5000 out of 7000 eligibles then don't expect to get a job or a call back. But if you ace the exam with a 90 or better you should be given a shot. That's just my 2 cents.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived