is it the same lady on the recordings?

Pu3rToRoCk8947

I don't know of any other place to go to get answers so here goes.I have a 50 $ bet and a weeks worth of breakfast riding on this between me and my older brother depending on who's right.I say that the lady announcing the station stops on the R143 is not the same lady as on a Kawasaki R160B and that the lastest order of R160 cars that another 3rd ladys voice is different from the other 2,example on the R160 cars found on the (F) line,my friend insists that they are all the same ladys voice and that i'm confused and wrong.I also know that the ladys voice on the R143 is the same one on the Alstom R160A trains found on the (J)(M)(Z) lines.Who's right in this case,i would appreciate any answers and i value everyones opinion on this great forum.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the equipment type and everything to do with the line. For example, the announcements on the (2) are different than the announcements on the (6) not because they are different types of equipment, but because the announcers who work for Bloomberg Radio were assigned those routes to announce. Same thing with B Div equipment.

There are a few posters here who know the names of the announcers for each line and I am sure they will chime in soon. Otherwise to me, you just won 50 clams.

You're right. The (E)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(Z) lines share the same voice of Cathering Cowdery.

The (2)(A)(F)(N)(Q) [Coney Island Bound] share Diane's Thompson.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Catherine Cowdery also does the (4)(5)(6)<6>.

Diane Thompson does the Manhattan-bound (N), she names the transfer points at Fulton St for the (J)(M)(Z) and I think the transfer points at WTC for the (E) (I'm not sure on that one tho)

Catherine Cowdery also does the (4)(5)(6)<6>.

Diane Thompson does the Manhattan-bound (N), she names the transfer points at Fulton St for the (J)(M)(Z) and I think the transfer points at WTC for the (E) (I'm not sure on that one tho)

Jessica Ettinger-Gottesman is on the (4)(5)(6)<6>

Dianne Thompson is on the Manhattan bound (N), Coney Island bound (Q), transfer announcements @ Fulton Street on the (J)(M)(Z), Atlantic Avenue-Pacific Street and 9th Street-4th Avenue on the (M), majority stations on the (F), Sutphin Blvd-JFK Airport on the (J)(Z), PATH connection on the (E)(F)(N)(Q)(W) @ World Trade Center (E), 34th Street-Herald Square (N)(Q)(W), 14th Street (F) and Cortlandt Street (W)

But you have stated some of the stuff I just mentioned!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived