Summer Olympics Going To South America For First Time

EE Broadway Local

Source: ESPN.com

For the very first time ever, the Summer Olympic Games are going to South America. Rio De Janiero, Brazil has won the 2016 Games. Chicago was eliminated in the first round and Tokyo, Japan was eliminated in the second round. In the final round, Rio De Janiero defeated Madrid, Spain.

Summer Olympics:

London

Rio De Janiero

Winter Olympics:

Vancouver

Sochi (Russia)

This is painful first new york now chicago....its good for rio....I guess..having there on a beach front....let's see if there ready...I felt new york was I was a supporter of it...but london got it....I feel chicago should try again maybe even new york in 2020...I think we are ready with we got the new meadow land staduim opening....that's could house the oping and closing of the games....heck man I should plan this thing out lol

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

Could you imagine all the traffic and security hassles if they brought it here, not to mention whos gunna be paying for it? The taxpayers. And with new yorks recent track record on building things on time and on budget, (freedom tower and second ave line) I doubt they would be able to get it done for the olympics.

These things would be built on time if New York were to get the Olympics. There would be guaranteed Federal funding for such an important event with little opposition or prioritization of the money elsewhere. And since funding is the main part of a construction project, getting that money would be a huge milestone in getting things done.

Could you imagine all the traffic and security hassles if they brought it here, not to mention whos gunna be paying for it? The taxpayers. And with new yorks recent track record on building things on time and on budget, (freedom tower and second ave line) I doubt they would be able to get it done for the olympics.

I agree, I'm still glad NYC lost the 2012 bid. The Olympics would've been an even bigger mess than the times the UN is holding their general assembly. And the UN occupies one friggin block! Imagine the entire Olympic events for the entire city? Hell no.

Let it be some other city/country's mess.

Archived