My NJ Transit Train Photos

Heres my pictures of NJ Transit Trains , i take them mostly from a car , while i'm Road fanning.

Newark Broad Street Station

3904753061_5e0dbacfea.jpg

3904753275_0c4ee1cb56.jpg

Hudson - Bergen Light Rail in Newport : Jersey City

3907576942_50e534e365.jpg

Hoboken Terminal : Light Rail Hub : Hoboken ,NJ

3890893659_4039237691.jpg

Tonnelle Avenue Hudson Bergen Light Rail Hub : North Bergen,NJ

3890897777_3de3eccb7e.jpg

3890897883_b392d43251.jpg

Thats all for now ,i'll post more later:)

~Corey

i would like to see what it look liked back thenB)

More pictures form me , i took these Yesterday

Newark Light Rail

Washington Park Station(NJT)

4003663786_e7915cd9eb.jpg

Newark Broad Street Station(NJT)

4002902647_361e66547c.jpg

Hudson-Bergen Light Rail in Exchange Place : Jersey City(NJT)

4002926073_340cfcd6ca.jpg

I hope you liked , i'll post more later:P

~Corey

Those NJ transit bi-levels look just like the LIRR Kawasaki C3 models.Who manufactured The NJT version

They are totally different actually, much roomier inside, better HVAC, lighting etc. Bombardier is making them, they are for the most part replacing the comet 2-4 (with comet 1 basically not used anymore). These are by far my favorite railcars to ride, very comfy, modern, fresh. The C3 bilevels are very square and not streamlined, and have a speed limit of 90 mph if memory serves. The MLV (Multi-Level Vehicle) cars are beefier and have a speed limit of 110. They are "hardcore" high iron comfort modern rolling stock. Amtrak used a set powered by an ALP-46 for NY-DC-NY extra service for Obama's inauguration.

Funny anecdote, i was booked on it coming home from DC, it left a minute before i got to the door to the trainshed at union station.. amtrak employee said it was standing room only! :eek:

- A

MLV are made in Barre, VT i believe. Brought down here on manifest trains to MMC in Kerney, NJ. The bilevel cars (used on metrolink, GO) are built in Fort William, ON. The C3's i believe were built in Kawasaki's Yonkers plant.

There isn't a NJT version, they were built from the wheels up for NJT, AMT in canada uses them too. C3 were built for LIRR, i am unaware of any other system that use the C3.

- A

MLV are made in Barre, VT i believe. Brought down here on manifest trains to MMC in Kerney, NJ. The bilevel cars (used on metrolink, GO) are built in Fort William, ON. The C3's i believe were built in Kawasaki's Yonkers plant.

There isn't a NJT version, they were built from the wheels up for NJT, AMT in canada uses them too. C3 were built for LIRR, i am unaware of any other system that use the C3.

- A

Thanks for the info.I knoe the Barre facility was also responsible for the R62s as well.

Bomb is in good standing with (NJT) to make replacements for the arrow 3's though i personally want brookville to build them. I don't think kawasaki will be in for bidding, because their forte is really not the "hardcore" stuff amtk and (NJT) use, though i would recommend them for light rail or tram etc for the old CRRNJ row. Alstom kinda blew it, i don't think they are in the running for any more power, though i can see them partnering with bomb, with alstom following bomb's lead, and i can see alstom making future single level cars, (sans flippy seats:cool:), but (NJT) looks like it's going to be mostly MLV and EMU into the future.

- A

The Multilevel is its own type of car sold separately to the Bi-Level car design. The Bilevel is built for the more common outside of the North East Low-Level Platform while the Multilevel is built for High Level Platforms as well as low and also there is the clerance issue in and out of NYP where it can go through both tunnels while the LIRR car cannot.

Bomb is in good standing with (NJT) to make replacements for the arrow 3's though i personally want brookville to build them. I don't think kawasaki will be in for bidding, because their forte is really not the "hardcore" stuff amtk and (NJT) use, though i would recommend them for light rail or tram etc for the old CRRNJ row. Alstom kinda blew it, i don't think they are in the running for any more power, though i can see them partnering with bomb, with alstom following bomb's lead, and i can see alstom making future single level cars, (sans flippy seats:cool:), but (NJT) looks like it's going to be mostly MLV and EMU into the future.

- A

Who`s Brookville?

- A

I'm surprised that Bombardier is making such efficient rail equipment for NJT, while bombing those for the MTA. Since Alstom blew it with the PL42ACs, I'm definitely rooting for Siemens to give it a shot for the Arrow IVs!

Thanks man , here are some more Form My Hudson Bergen Light Rail Trip Yesterday

Tonnelle Ave Terminal

4066044079_b85bfa4570_b.jpg

4066044427_8af2d54fe5_b.jpg

4066791362_4f1ab96225_b.jpg

22nd Street Terminal

4066815242_b9224f6f4d_b.jpg

4066067865_322680c6bf_b.jpg

4066067443_13f74e4d6b_b.jpg

More will come later, it doesn't look like the Bayonne Ext is gonna open soon, i barley see and Track Work going on down there:eek:

~Corey

Did you like West Side Ave line? That is the newer CNJ main line from the west to Communipaw terminal. The line down to 22nd st is the old main line from when the main terminal was at elizabethport. There used to be a substantial station at 8th st in Bayonne, location in the 70's of the Cranford Shuttle. Locally known as the "Scoot", this train, typically one RDC-2, would shuffle passengers from 8th ave in Bayonne to Elizabeth, and Cranford stations after the Aldene plan was implemented, cutting off Communipaw, and using NWK as the terminus for service to Phillipsburg, then High Bridge. It was at this time that Reading closed up shop, leaving the west trenton line in the hands of conrail, Reading RR often ran RDC up the west trenton line from its terminal in central philadelphia, crossing the newark bay rail bridge, up the peninsula to communipaw terminal. This was the only way Reading could compete with the PRR in the philadelphia-new york market, and at the same time made sense for CNJ, because it could connect people from down in my area to people up in scranton via new jersey. Lot of history along the HBLR right of way. Soon there will be a new station at 8th street, and possibly one day across newark bay again.

- A

AWWang : The line needs more coverage , not alot of great quality videos of it on Youtube:confused:

Metsfan : I rode to 22nd Street not the West Side Ave line , i didn't see any work on the connection to the 22nd street line ?

Here are 3 Videos i took .

Hudson Bergen Light Rail : Jersey City-Hoboken

Hudson Bergen Light Rail : Hoboken Terminal to Port Imperial

watch?v=VVhE2igqQsQ

Hudson Bergen Light Rail: Tonnelle Ave Tunnel

Thats all for now , i'll still have more , and i just bought a new HD Sony Flip cam:P

~Corey

Archived