Student Fight Leads to Gunfire ; 1 Dead

SevenEleven

Real sad.. I didn't go to school today but I'm pretty sure that the students were from my school. Seriously, no arrests were made. :S

QUEENS (WABC) -- A 13-year-old is dead after a fight among students escalated into gunfire in Queens.

The shooting happened just after 3:00 p.m.at Linden and Springfield Boulevards.

Police said a group of teens from a nearby high school had gathered there. A fight broke out, and at some point one of them pulled out a gun. At least three shots were fired, according to witnesses.

Kevin Miller, 13, of 153rd Street in Queens was struck once in the head. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The second teen was an innocent bystander. A 17-year-old working at the Cambria Car Wash and Detail Center suffered a gunshot wound to his thigh. He was listed in stable condition.

Police were still trying to determine if the younger victim was a bystander or a target.

No one has been arrested.

Source: Eyewitness News

Thats bad news! I saw the video and wow! NYC needs a change!

I hope they catch the one who took the gun out! Hope everything goes well and RIP for the dead one. Though the video doesnt say the dude died, but in bad condition..

This whole "no snitching" thing that has been going on needs to stop. Laws are there for so many reasons, report info about possible suspects to police for cripes sakes!

- A

Yeah. How many students were there. How many witnesses in and outside of McDonalds? (Where it happened) And no arrests. That's like the utmost bs I've heard in my life.

Thats bad news! I saw the video and wow! NYC needs a change!

I hope they catch the one who took the gun out! Hope everything goes well and RIP for the dead one. Though the video doesnt say the dude died, but in bad condition..

Yeah. The fight was probably set up. If the students that fought were from my school, and went today, they called to get someone from the outside. Only logical explanation of the gun. This is really sad.

That's not too far from my area. That school used to be called Andrew Jackson. It is the most ghetto school in Queens. All of the rejects from Springfield Gardens, Laurelton, and St. Albans go to that school. There's always a fight at that intersection.

I thought Franklin K. Lane was the most ghetto?

Archived