A Strange Vistor In The Long Branch Yard

Sadly, MARC had gotten rid of their AEM7s because they aren't converted to be as powerful as their HHP-8s. I guess that MARC's HHP-8s are able to suffice the Penn Line express runs with those long trains during the Rush Hours.

Nope. They are being rebuilt by Amtrak at the Wilmington Shops. One was done last year around this time as it was put on display at the Union Station 100th Anniversary. They however have been having problems and not been brought back to service yet. MARC has problems with the HHP's they have thrown around the idea of overhauling them already for better use in PP service.

Photo this exact date a year ago:

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1449826

...actually SEPTA's AEM7's are in the worst shape of all of them and this was before MARC's were overhauled.

I can attest to this. I saw MARC AEM7 when i went to see Obama sworn in back in january, they are not only in better cosmetic shape, but everything is simply not nearly as worn. The single :septa: ALP-44 is in better shape though, mostly because it's not as old.

- A

...actually SEPTA's AEM7's are in the worst shape of all of them and this was before MARC's were overhauled.

I second that! I know it doesn't matter what pantograph to put up, but SEPTA insists on saving the wire over stranding a locomotive should a pantograph get destroyed and render the rear pantograph useless. Also, SEPTA will not need to overhaul their locos b/c they only (mostly) run during the Rushes and only needs to pull a certain number of trains. I doubt that SEPTA would ever increase the number of cars in the consists due to their relatively low ridership and dominating short platforms throughout the system.

Archived