Czars of L, No. 7 trains named

Trainspotter

Czars of L, No. 7 trains named

Riders on the L and 7 trains now have a name and face for the person who will be fielding their complaints.

New York City Transit Thursday named two subway veterans, each with more than two decades of experience, to head the L and 7 lines. The move is the first step to decentralize oversight of the subway system and will serve as a pilot program.

Full story: amny_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - December 7, 2007

Good. Now those lazy bosses who only like to do something when it involves a rank and file getting into trouble, will be put to better use. The new hire ups are basically telling the bosses hired under Turkeys administration, either to shape up, or ship out. Now they will do what their duties suppose to be.

I hope they do this at the DOB.

So they meant GMs for each subway route. Even a better idea! I thought they wanted a GM for each division which I thought already existed and probably does.

I'm starting to think the line Superintendents suppose to deal with this stuff, but are too busy hanging personnel, and not paying attention to the line. So now with the creation of the position (Line GM), they won't deal with personnel, but will be solely focused on the efficient running, and cleanliness of the subway line, and stations along that line.

I don't know if this will work out for the better but I'll wait and see. I will be on the L Line for the new pick so I will see first hand how this is going to work. This "Manager" will have direct control of the line so if anything goes wrong they have a man to blame. In turn will direct his anger on the operating personal who he has control over and will be near bye to handle business. The Supervision structure right now you have 4 Layers of top supervisions that control Line , District, Subdivision , RTO. This new title is four in one. Will take the L Line as an Example something big happens we see the Man downtown. Now under the GM will just walk to his office at Rockaway Pkwy.

This will be interesting. On a High note the GM for the # 7 Line was a great choice he knows his job and the systerm very well and is a fair person. However I never heard of his GM on the L Line and I worked everywere so he not from RTO but somewhere else. The Only Lombardi I know is suppose to be retiring.

Archived