Emperor Bloomberg Bans Bake Sales in Schools

Forest Glen

In an effort to curb obesity among kids Mayor Bloomberg has baned bake sales in NYC schools during normal school hours. Bake sales are still allowed during afterschool activities. Many schools rely on the revenue from bake sales to pay for clubs and activities.Of course Billionaire Bloomberg is oblivious to that. Thanks to an out of touch elitist a time honored tradition is no more. I'll remember this when I vote for Bill Thompson.

Article

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/nyregion/03bakesale.html

This is the nanny state mentality that will likely sink his 3rd term bid. Seriously, if the kids want to eat till they become obease, let them. It's the parent's job to watch what the kids are supposed to be eating.

The only thing I support was the smoking ban due to the health concerns from 2nd hand smoke. Other than that people should be responsible for what they eat. The government should stay out of people's businesses.

It is really shocking to me that Bloomberg has ANY support for his illegal third term. He is so out of touch with what this city needs it's scary. I wish I could vote against him.

Why can't you...Non NYC resident?

The scary thing is the yuppies wearing suits to work making 50-110K a year all support him even though they are also hurt by his policies but they see themselves as "rich" and therefore like him since he is "one of them" when in reality it is they who are NOT "one of Bloomberg's"

one yuppie actually told me (wrongly of course) last week that:

-Bloomberg won a referendum to increase term limits

-The people want to see him get a 3rd term

-His approval rating is "like 80%" - now i know his ratings are high - higher than they should be (influenced mostly by these blind backwards ass yuppies), but NO mayor has probably EVER had an approval rating of 80%, with the possible exception of Giuliani in the month following 9/11

As I told one Thompson supporter last week who was trying to give me handouts in the street last week "you don't have to convince me none, Bill's got my vote"

In an effort to curb obesity among kids Mayor Bloomberg has baned bake sales in NYC schools during normal school hours. Bake sales are still allowed during afterschool activities. Many schools rely on the revenue from bake sales to pay for clubs and activities.Of course Billionaire Bloomberg is oblivious to that. Thanks to an out of touch elitist a time honored tradition is no more. I'll remember this when I vote for Bill Thompson.

Article

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/nyregion/03bakesale.html

amen i hope all the people in nyc remember this on nov 3rd what a dictator he is who is now promising the world right now for votes and wont deliver on any of these promises such as giving amnesty on parking tickets he has hired the most parking ticket agents fighting the mta he has the 2nd most appointments besides the governor he is a phony racist pig and if u vote for this elitist who has no idea what it is is to middle class or poor the joke is on u

amen i hope all the people in nyc remember this on nov 3rd what a dictator he is who is now promising the world right now for votes and wont deliver on any of these promises such as giving amnesty on parking tickets he has hired the most parking ticket agents fighting the mta he has the 2nd most appointments besides the governor he is a phony racist pig and if u vote for this elitist who has no idea what it is is to middle class or poor the joke is on u

Yeah fighting the MTA right...and Patterson pulls his head out his bum and comes up with legislation that says appointees don't have to vote as they are directed and here is the accountability Bloomberg wants and no! He just wants to use the MTA as a straw man for all of his phony re-election promises and rhetoric but he doesn't intend to follow through on ANY of it!! He's keeping his power. King Bloomturd the 1st!

Its ridiculous, they banned sodas and even Snapple in the schools near me, Im glad I got out of there before the nanny state people really started doing damage ;) Its up to the individual to chose to eat whatever he wants, noone has the right to regulate what "junkfood" people can or cannot eat.

That's just wrong!! Who's really gonna stay after school to buy cakes, cookies and other sweets?? If kids mindsets are like mine when I was in school, I'm thinking about going home unless I'm in a club. Bake sales work better during school when kids want something good to eat to chase down the school lunch they've eaten. Not after or before school for that matter. Bloomberg is such an idiot!!!

Its ridiculous, they banned sodas and even Snapple in the schools near me, Im glad I got out of there before the nanny state people really started doing damage ;) Its up to the individual to chose to eat whatever he wants, noone has the right to regulate what "junkfood" people can or cannot eat.

Nope. Snapple still has a contract with the NYC Department of Education. Our Coke machine was replaced with a Snapple machine a few years ago.

I bet Bloomberg eats all the chocolate cakes in his big @$$ mansion he has. Hes really pushing is luck now, i hope he doesn't get reelected, otherwise 2010 and beyond will be in a bad situation.. Maybe a nice cake can be sent to him when loses, call it FAILED! He can it all he wants!

THOMPSON for the WIN!

Bloomberg is a douche there is no way around this or polite way to type this. He wants to ban smoking (a reprehensible habit that I like), but in reality the taxes they put on cigarettes is keeping money flowing into the city. Not to mention the bike lanes that take up space that cars use for that one bike an hour that passes through. No third term for this useless worm.

Archived