How do school trippers go on regular routes?

FamousNYLover

I know (NYCT) and (MTA) Bus has school tripper.

I wonder how does school tripper's routing depends on the bus lines?

I was on S56 School Tripper from Tottenville High School to Eltingville Transit Center, and it used Orion V with suburban seat. That was terrible ride.

Sometimes I see Q66 on Junction Blvd & 32nd Av.

It depends on the route, depot and the fleet it has. For the most part, the school trips will use buses from their own depot (exceptions to this) and get back on the main route from wherever they start.

I don't know if this applies to all trips but the school trip that's from my school on the Q4 skips all stops. (And only drop-off/pick up at Requested stops) Jamaica also sends out RTS buses.

For certain trips such as the Q31 and the Q44, they may borrow buses and return them after the trip. For example, the Q31 (CS Depot) uses an OG from QV, while the Q44 (CS Depot) uses several RTS from Jamaica.

It depends on the route, depot and the fleet it has. For the most part, the school trips will use buses from their own depot (exceptions to this) and get back on the main route from wherever they start.

I don't know if this applies to all trips but the school trip that's from my school on the Q4 skips all stops. (And only drop-off/pick up at Requested stops) Jamaica also sends out RTS buses.

For certain trips such as the Q31 and the Q44, they may borrow buses and return them after the trip. For example, the Q31 (CS Depot) uses an OG from QV, while the Q44 (CS Depot) uses several RTS from Jamaica.

So your sayin CS borrows a OG and a RTS to do those trips then bring them back?

I know JAM has 3 (sometimes 2 or 4) RTSs doing the Q44 (Southbound) from my school, they usually don't pick other people up but sometimes they do.

I get out too early (still in the AM hours lol) for me to ride the school tripper.

I know (NYCT) and (MTA) Bus has school tripper.

I wonder how does school tripper's routing depends on the bus lines?

I was on S56 School Tripper from Tottenville High School to Eltingville Transit Center, and it used Orion V with suburban seat. That was terrible ride.

Sometimes I see Q66 on Junction Blvd & 32nd Av.

Just look at the latest set of bus schedules. They all show the routes the school trippers make.

OTOH, there hasn't been Suburban Orion Vs on Staten Island since 2006-2007!

Archived