From Ch. 7 News, Major Subway Advisories

rr4567

For the umpteenth time, the LIRR is no use for people living in the western Rockaways (everything west of Far Rockaway and parts of Edgmere), plus it costs a lot of money (not part of City Ticket program) and runs at very long intervals, making it difficult without planning ahead.

Her stats show her as living in Far Rockaway. Now if the QB Line wasn't screwed up also, I'd tell her to take the Q113LTD to the (E).

dont you forget that manhattan bound or Pelham bay park bound

(6) run express ( in weekends) between 3rd Avenue 138 street

to Hunta Points Avenue. ( while (6) line station east 149 street

, east 143 street st mary , longwood avenue , Cypress Avenue

station , Brook Avenue station are getting rehabilted?

Her stats show her as living in Far Rockaway. Now if the QB Line wasn't screwed up also, I'd tell her to take the Q113LTD to the (E).

Her introductory post says she lives near the Beach 98th St (A)(S) station. The whole of the Rockaways as far west as the border between Rockaway Park and Belle Harbor is sometimes referred to as Far Rockaway (e.g the post office on Beach 90th St also says "Far Rockaway, NY 11693" on its front wall).

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13119

Her introductory post says she lives near the Beach 98th St (A)(S) station. The whole of the Rockaways as far west as the border between Rockaway Park and Belle Harbor is sometimes referred to as Far Rockaway (e.g the post office on Beach 90th St also says "Far Rockaway, NY 11693" on its front wall).

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13119

Then the Q53 to Jackson Heights would work, except for that G.O. on the (7) sending it express towards Manhattan and the G.O.s on the QB Line. They should run the QM16/17 on weekends when this kind of work is being done.

If you have been to Jay Street today, you will see posters saying that the Manhattan bound (F) stops on the Brooklyn bound track. This means they are using York Street.

You were right, if I had known that they were doing work on the Manhattan-bound side then I wouldn't have asked any further questions, so okay then, I jumped the gun and you proved me wrong.

Then the Q53 to Jackson Heights would work, except for that G.O. on the (7) sending it express towards Manhattan and the G.O.s on the QB Line. They should run the QM16/17 on weekends when this kind of work is being done.

I already told her that (see post #26 in this thread), I don't know if she read it. The Q53 or Q21 to Rockaway Blvd would allow a transfer to the (A), something I often do. At least the (C) is running on the Fulton St local line, so a trip into Manhattan shouldn't take too long. She doesn't need to take the (7) to get to 42nd St.

Of course, the Q35 followed by the (2) or (5) will get her to GCT, from where the (7) or the shuttle will get her to Times Sq.

Oh, and why should we be forced to pay the express bus fare simply because the (MTA) refuses to run the (A) beyond Howard Beach on weekends?

Archived