MNRR pics in Westchester

THose are hot!!! Man I wanna get as far as NWP on a weekend :P!

Its weird how they dont have fences there, so people can now walk on the rail(Tho illegal/Saftey Hazard too depending where)

BTW is this the Harlem line?

THose are hot!!! Man I wanna get as far as NWP on a weekend :P!

Its weird how they dont have fences there, so people can now walk on the rail(Tho illegal/Saftey Hazard too depending where)

BTW is this the Harlem line?

Thanks. There is a crossing guard not too far from that point that I'm standing at. And I was standing on a 'path way' behind a building. This is a funeral place. So no tresspassing at all [and there were no signs anywhere that said stay out - I obeyed the 'rules'].

Also, yes it is the harlem line.

Why not? So its ok for people to cross it even tho its hazardous?

It's behind private property on a commercial zoned area, you shouldn't even be there to begin with!

If you put a fence up, it would only get in the way of rescue or work crews in the event of an emergency. As you can plainly see, there's not enough space to put up a fence without seriously impeding work trucks access to the wayside, which is very skinny to begin with in that area..

Yea, they could move the walkway and pop up an ugly fence all along there, but i think the harlem line has always been like that, very smushed in between human occupied areas.

- A

harlemnofence.jpg

harlemnofencezoomout.jpg

Gotta love google earth.

All there is on BOTH sides is a cemetery one side is HUGE, i believe the ROW may run through property that is under the same ownership, private, no fence needed as.... it's a cemetery.

Come to think of it, it's kind of neat, maybe i'll get buried here so i can railfan in eternal rest.

- A

• 2 weeks later...

Archived