R110A photos I found on NYCSubway.Org of 2009

mark1447

Thats reasonable, 239th isnt big compared to concourse.. Someone did told me in July they were going to be sent to CIY for work service or school car, but so far nothing.. Man your a fast responder too lol

What can I say??? I don't really have that much of a life! Lmao!

Well I'm not busy so I just respond to whatever I can. As for the R130s I think they were sent to Coney Island but they came back for whatever reason.

What can I say??? I don't really have that much of a life! Lmao!

Well I'm not busy so I just respond to whatever I can. As for the R130s I think they were sent to Coney Island but they came back for whatever reason.

no they have been at concourse since day one. Might head tomorrow anyways to see if they are still there....

no they have been at concourse since day one. Might head tomorrow anyways to see if they are still there....

Okay then. Let me know what you find. There should be some SMEEs at Concourse, including a pair of Slants that used to be school cars from ENY.

Man its sad to see it in that type of condition. I honestly think with a light overhaul they can use it as an additional train during rush hour as a train with more standing room. I love the trans seating arrangement they should have incorporated it in the R142/142A.And if anyone notice the truck design is very similar to the 142A except with a heavier look.The suspension rigging is the same though even after all these years.

Okay then. Let me know what you find. There should be some SMEEs at Concourse, including a pair of Slants that used to be school cars from ENY.

oh ya its an SMEE yard lol. R38s, some r32s pair of R40s R40M(I think), R68/As, R142/A. Beautiful view..Ill grab some pics too :P

This train should be scrapped, in my opinion. It needs some serious cleaning both on the inside and outside.

It can't be, the Feds paid for it. That is the only reason it is still around. It's also why the R44s are hanging around for a while longer, the Feds paid for them and system modifications so they can run.

It can't be, the Feds paid for it. That is the only reason it is still around. It's also why the R44s are hanging around for a while longer, the Feds paid for them and system modifications so they can run.

Those cars should be rebulit and should run, I hate to break Balls but This is to whoever started the thread, I think not just to the person that started the thread but everybody, Its better to put in the links to the Photo then to put the persons photo online unless the person that took the photo says its okay (permisson), The person that took those photos can file an Lawsuit if that person wanted to, Im not doing this to be a wize A$% or anything like that, I just looking out, Because your taking a persons photo from another site and putting on a forum is no good. Its like being a sitting duck in a pond full of troble.

Those cars should be rebulit and should run, I hate to break Balls but This is to whoever started the thread, I think not just to the person that started the thread but everybody, Its better to put in the links to the Photo then to put the persons photo online unless the person that took the photo says its okay (permisson), The person that took those photos can file an Lawsuit if that person wanted to, Im not doing this to be a wize A$% or anything like that, I just looking out, Because your taking a persons photo from another site and putting on a forum is no good. Its like being a sitting duck in a pond full of troble.

IAWTP. Despite the good intentions, some people may not like their photos to be reproduced at all. I don't care so much about it when it comes to my photos, provided that I get credit for a person's use of my photos in their videos or anything. Nothing further.

Back on topic: as for the R110A, they should run, but I think they will only be best for use on the IRT Shuttle and nothing more. Same for the R110B, they should be on the either B Division Shuttle. These cars should not be put to waste; they can be used for extra service, even if they only see half a round trip during the day, it's better than nothing.

...Back on topic: as for the R110A, they should run, but I think they will only be best for use on the IRT Shuttle and nothing more. Same for the R110B, they should be on the either B Division Shuttle. These cars should not be put to waste; they can be used for extra service, even if they only see half a round trip during the day, it's better than nothing.

So totally agree 1000% about the shuttle use. I mean its better than nothing.

Well if it were to run on the 42nd St (S). It would have to be for 2 tracks seeing there there is only 4 cabs in total 8001/8005 8006/8010[i think those are the cab numbers

Plus there are about 6 B cars..

So if it were on (S).. maybe Track 1 can have 3 and track 3 4. Track 4 sticks with R62A since there isnt any more cabs. The 3 extra B cars can do some work or school car.

Hey just saying. I know this isnt gonna happen...

As for other (S), I dunno. Some are at CI for school car, a few at 207 and 1 at some (MTA) building in Brooklyn i think.(Saw a pic somewhere)

IAWTP. Despite the good intentions, some people may not like their photos to be reproduced at all. I don't care so much about it when it comes to my photos, provided that I get credit for a person's use of my photos in their videos or anything. Nothing further.

Back on topic: as for the R110A, they should run, but I think they will only be best for use on the IRT Shuttle and nothing more. Same for the R110B, they should be on the either B Division Shuttle. These cars should not be put to waste; they can be used for extra service, even if they only see half a round trip during the day, it's better than nothing.

...As for other (S), I dunno. Some are at CI for school car, a few at 207 and 1 at some (MTA) building in Brooklyn i think.(Saw a pic somewhere)

There's 1 car from a set (#3005) in front of the (MTA) school (I think p.s 248 or something like that) and the other 2 cars in that set (#3004 & #3006) at the Fire Department training place. The other 2 sets (#3001-3003, 3007-3009) is at 207 St.

Archived