R10's 20th Anniversary

DJ MC

I was suppose to post a picture of the R10s in the movie Jacob's Ladder, but I really don't know how to.

There is an "add image" icon in the editing field (the icon with the mountain). In order to post the picture up, open the picture up in a new tab so you can copy the direct link and then paste the link of the image into the new mini-window which will open after you click the "add image" icon. Then post it (preview first to be safe) and you're good to go!

I was suppose to post a picture of the R10s in the movie Jacob's Ladder, but I really don't know how to.

try like lrg said or use the bbcode as follows: (Same thing)

[img=Pic URL here]

as for the R10 never rode but its so cool that it lived till 1989. I think it was the only car to have a ceiling as a turtle...? During late 80s...

Happy Birthday of course :P

try like lrg said or use the bbcode as follows: (Same thing)

[img=Pic URL here]

as for the R10 never rode but its so cool that it lived till 1989. I think it was the only car to have a ceiling as a turtle...? During late 80s...

Happy Birthday of course :P

The I.R.T. R12s and R14s had a similiar roof.

Um there is one for display at the museum it's car 3184 and they have another one at Pitken(hopefully I spelled that right) that's numbered 3189. Even though there isn't ten more R10s around they could still either build the R10s from scratch as they do have blue prints for those cars and parts for the cars can be found from scrapped cars from the past or run the two R10s with the 3 R16s and the 7 remaining R27/R30 redbirds that they still have and the one R30 that's at the museum and possibly the two R30 cars that are Rail Adhesion cars. They could also run them with the R32-42s as well.

The R10 car you mentioned isn't at the TM,it's likely at CI.1575 is the only

car at the TM that looks like an R10.getting parts for cars that have been

scrapped is a hard(if not impossible)thing since most of the cars are gone.

I only rode them once in August 1989 and I remembered how loud and hot the train was. I was expecting them to be something like the redbirds on the inside but when I saw that the seating was like the R44/R46's and that they had fans, I was shocked. This was also a month before I went to the Transit Museum for the very first time. The timing was perfect cause not only did I ride it a month before it was retired but I had just become a subway buff a month earlier so as I look back on it, it was a great way for me to become more into trains by riding on something so historic. Those R10's really stood out in that green.

Archived