Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Paul P

New York, and Wilmington Station

First part dates back to October when I took a Regional at 10:20PM from Wilmington, my first night experience with Amtrak. I loved it.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

The following are from late Sepember on the trip going back to Delaware.

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

Also, the first higher quality videos with the new camera I have. Check it out widescreen:

Next trip to Wilmington will be around mid-November to go to Newark, DE to see the Delmarva Secondary where NS branches off to go south. I also want to get closer to the Amtrak Shops in Wilmington (only the area, no trespassing) and loop around the training center. Stay updated.

Edited by Paul P

Great shots there!!! :tup:

You should come back to NYC to check out the mayhem of transit G.O.'s! Lol

Great shots there!!! :tup:

You should come back to NYC to check out the mayhem of transit G.O.'s! Lol

Thanks!

I should do a lot of things...

Ahh my lovely Amfleets, nice shots! I was at Wilmington Shops a few times this week and West Yard behind the the training center all week coupling and uncoupling cars for my training.

Ahh my lovely Amfleets, nice shots! I was at Wilmington Shops a few times this week and West Yard behind the the training center all week coupling and uncoupling cars for my training.

Nice man, can't wait til you're on the road huh? :P

Nice man, can't wait til you're on the road huh? :P

Yeah can't wait, 3 more weeks in Wilmington then a few weeks of posting in Sunnyside and on the road then I'll be up on the board

Yeah can't wait, 3 more weeks in Wilmington then a few weeks of posting in Sunnyside and on the road then I'll be up on the board

Yeah man, just let me know one of your runs, I'll keep you company. :P Good luck!

Nice Stuff:tup::tup:

Good luck with the Delmarva Sec everything pretty much runs at night give or take a late train here or there and the locals.

Nice Stuff:tup::tup:

Good luck with the Delmarva Sec everything pretty much runs at night give or take a late train here or there and the locals.

You're right, I've been listening to the Wilmington area radio lately, the yards do a few moves in the day... Maybe I'll get lucky, but it's still worth to catch an Amtrak train stop at Newark and some Acelas flying by! :P

If you get out next Saturday to that part of the corridor there will be a surprise especially if you get out early enough, private message me for more details.

Looks like I won't be going next month. Have to save some money up for the Vermonter and everything else to go skiing when winter break comes along! Now, that will be a one of a kind Amtrak journey! :cool:

Change of plans again. I'm so unpredictable... :P going to Wilmington and Newark next week. Stay put for the picture updates! B)

(N)ice dude now that's (K) night <R>iding with HHp class and it remind me of that movie ((T)rading Places )with Jim belushi hangin' out of one of those cars .that movie is so funny anyway don't wanna bore ya .

(H)ellsgate ahhh that reminds me when I used to see them trains movin

Thanks KR and AWWang!

I'm heading upstate to Wilmington and Newark tomorrow, so be ready for some awesome shots, it's supposed to be sunny too!

Edited by Paul P