Should we trust T-Mobile's Sidekick ever again?

rr4567

Of course this is Microcrap's fault.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/10/t-mobile-admits-your-sidekick-data-is-gone-like-the-wind/

Sorry to be the bearers of bad news for T-Mobile Sidekick customers that are still without data after nearly two weeks, but it appears that you’ve got little to no chance of ever getting any information you had stored on Danger’s servers back. Said T-Mobile today:

“Regrettably, based on Microsoft/Danger’s latest recovery assessment of their systems, we must now inform you that personal information stored on your device – such as contacts, calendar entries, to-do lists or photos – that is no longer on your Sidekick almost certainly has been lost as a result of a server failure at Microsoft/Danger.”

When it cones to contacts, it's best to save them in the SIM card rather than on your phone. This way, when you move your SIM card to another phone, your contacts will all be there.

Most people dont do that though

Most people dont do that though

Sadly, you're right about this. My mom forgot to transfer all her data from her phone to her SIM card before her old phone back to T-Mobile. It was hell on Earth for her.

Sadly, you're right about this. My mom forgot to transfer all her data from her phone to her SIM card before her old phone back to T-Mobile. It was hell on Earth for her.

Dang right it is! Imagine 100+ contacts.....

People only get sidekicks if you're an avid AIM user. Since I believe almost none of you are, you guys have a bias towards it.

If you're a business person, then obviously you're better off with a blackberry, but for the standard kid that uses aim and texts, the sidekick is the way to go.

People only get sidekicks if you're an avid AIM user. Since I believe almost none of you are, you guys have a bias towards it.

If you're a business person, then obviously you're better off with a blackberry, but for the standard kid that uses aim and texts, the sidekick is the way to go.

I use AIM, but the Sidekick is a crap phone - trust me, I had one.

They are slow, cant go on Youtube, etc., etc.

All people are are going to do is switch to a BB or iPhone and continue texting.

Lol, yeah. I still have my data service and all of my stuff backed up. I'm surprised that a business giant such as Microsoft doesn't even have the sense to have a backup server going.

I'm just going to save up my money to buy another phone. Maybe the Motorola Cliq or G1.

Finnaly people can't use those damn things. Time for people to stop texting non-stop and actually interact with people.

Yeah. Texting isnt interaction.

(TXT conversation)

Liek OMG did u see dat thing?

I kno it wuz amazin!

lol

(Normal conversation)

Wow, (insert name here), did you see that?

That thing on the computer?

Yes. It was funny.

Which one is appropriate? :P

i pretty much ignore non-essential text messages. If its that important call me. I hate having entire conversations by text messages. I'm online via AIM often enough if they wanna go that route.

I agree with you totally on that one.

i pretty much ignore non-essential text messages. If its that important call me. I hate having entire conversations by text messages. I'm online via AIM often enough if they wanna go that route.

+1 sir, +1

Archived