Are there any trains to Montauk that stop at Hicksville?

BlastOButter42

I'm looking at the branch timetables at http://mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Branch.htm?Folder=Branch&Branch=Montauk&Direction=East&Period=Weekdays and http://mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Branch.htm?Folder=Branch&Branch=Montauk&Direction=East&Period=Weekend, and there aren't any trains that stop at Hicksville on the way to Montauk (besides at 1:30 a.m.). But don't most Montauk trains run on the Central Branch from Jamaica to Babylon? Do any of them stop to discharge at Hicksville, and I could get on?

Remember also that with the current track work occuring on the Montauk Branch,certain train schedules are suspended and replaced by bus.Most trains to Speonk or Patchogue will bypass Babylon Station and some will stop as well,it sounds complicated but once you get to know the schedule you will understand better.

This is a problem I've talked about numerous times. Esp on weekends, most Montauk trains pass through Hicksville via Central but run non-stop to Babylon. The railroad has ignored my letters about the issue.

So one has to backtrack to Jamaica spending considerable time and money, or take a long bus ride. All because the railroad thinks ppl will be upset at one added stop at Hicksville.

They want to be that way, then I wont ride their Montauk trains or visit the south fork.

Remember also that with the current track work occuring on the Montauk Branch,certain train schedules are suspended and replaced by bus.Most trains to Speonk or Patchogue will bypass Babylon Station and some will stop as well,it sounds complicated but once you get to know the schedule you will understand better.

It is too complicated. I would have all Montauk trains except for rush hour/Cannonball stop at Hicksville and Babylon as they are major stops.

Every Montauk train would make Jamaica, Hicksville, Babylon, Bay Shore, Sayville, Patchogue, and then all stops after Speonk. Every Speonk train would make Jamaica, Hicksville, then all stops after Babylon.

The LIRR has too many speciality trains and needs to think more like a transit system.

Just to add you know something is screwed up when its easier to get from Central Nassau to Toms River,NJ than anywhere along the south shore of Suffolk.

I'm going to be stepping up my game by calling some politicians, maybe we can get Suozzi involved or someone in trying to force the LIRR to stop this Hamptons specialty nonsense.

Until then I dont go to the south fork much, its just too agrivating, I'd rather go to southern NJ, its alot easier.

It is too complicated. I would have all Montauk trains except for rush hour/Cannonball stop at Hicksville and Babylon as they are major stops.

Every Montauk train would make Jamaica, Hicksville, Babylon, Bay Shore, Sayville, Patchogue, and then all stops after Speonk. Every Speonk train would make Jamaica, Hicksville, then all stops after Babylon.

The LIRR has too many speciality trains and needs to think more like a transit system.

I agree with you on this statement JohnQPine.I have been at Flatbush Avenue and Penn Station terminals and i have seen frustrated commuters lash out and argue with the announcement/information personnel about the lack of service to one station in particular during Peak and Off Peak hours,Bellport Station.One gentleman asked a LIRR employee why cetain Montauk trains bypass Bellport Station and stop at others after it,the employee had no words and just shrugged his shoulders,poor guy had to wait for 3 hours for a scheduled train that stops at Bellport Station.

I think (MTA) needs to release LIRR. MNRR too. Too much crap under one roof makes the house stink.

- A

I like that one Metsfan ;)

Unfortunately you are right,in order for a true RR to realize it's potential it should be more independent

Do you really think the MTA is ever going to release the RR's on their own?

I very much doubt it!

I like that one Metsfan ;)

Unfortunately you are right,in order for a true RR to realize it's potential it should be more independent

Do you really think the MTA is ever going to release the RR's on their own?

I very much doubt it!

Once ARC and ESA are completed, and wire is put up in the empire/west side connection (MTA) should divest itself of the railroads, including SIR i think, and focus on intra-city travel. The bus part is fine though, it's the railroads that need the door.

You could create the NYMRR (new york metro railroad) with LIRR and MNRR divisions, or make them operate co-operatively, but independently of each other. A huge piece of that would be joint NYP operation via empire tunnel/west side line, and possibly maybe connection of the upper ARC expansion tracks to GCT. I think you could make an argument for either outcome, but at some point the over-reaching (MTA) will need to be trimmed back.

- A

Archived