R160B (D) Train Videos and Automated Announcements

bveguy

R68 2878 has the whited out sign as well. i spotted it on the (Q) this week.

does this mean the (D) will be getting R160's, or was this a supplement?

a supplement. it needed extra trains due to the R68s' routine maintance and and the fact it was running local. there are no plans to put R160s at the Concourse Yard.

I just checked online. One thing to say...

R160s are part of the sweet 6 ave express now , baby!

Welcome R160 (D)(E)(R)(E)(K)(T)(R)(A)i(N)!

enjoy it while it lasts! please limit your use of smileys

The (D) is only borrowing a set from Coney Island because the R68s are getting lightly SMSed so don't panic if you see one ON THE WEEKENDS!!! So don't go hunting it during rush hour!

whoa,are you serious!? R68 getting slightly SMS?! wow. so that means they need replacement trains to replace em and that would be CI's R160 for the weekends?!

The (D) is only borrowing a set from Coney Island because the R68s are getting lightly SMSed so don't panic if you see one ON THE WEEKENDS!!! So don't go hunting it during rush hour!

Cool! I hope its Not ONLY to coney island but to 205th st Bx. If I catch it im recording this..

And wow SMS on the R68 seems fast. I guess its because the R62As already got there share..

Are the ends getting repainted?

Nice pic/vid btw!

There was no roll sign there, so I'm guessing thats why its whited out.

But I've never seen them white it out when the sign was missing. They just leave it empty.

So for real this was a borrowing, and not a diverted (N)? What do they do about people on the line not being qualified? Just swap crews out of place until they find one that is?

We all know the MTA sometimes signs the rerouted (N)'s as (D)'s. So the MP3 announcements are no help. What was a big surprise to me was the Bedford Park Blvd sign in the video.

The MTA has done what we all expected would never happen...........

Archived