Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Train

The big question

Hey, I was wondering how many trips do a T/O have to make, and who is in charge of the train?

Hey, I was wondering how many trips do a T/O have to make, and who is in charge of the train?

Depends on the job..

Some are One..

Some are Two..

Some are Three..

Some are Four..

Some are Five..

Some are a Lot(Shuttles)

As for "Whos in Charge of the train" Depends on who you ask.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

A T/O will say "I Am"..

A C/R will say "I Am"..

Rulebook says the C/R is..

Sometimes...

See the "Grey Areas" we have to work with sometimes??:cool: :cool: :cool:

As for "Whos in Charge of the train" Depends on who you ask.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

A T/O will say "I Am"..

A C/R will say "I Am"..

Rulebook says the C/R is..

Sometimes...

See the "Grey Areas" we have to work with sometimes??:cool: :cool: :cool:

If the Blue Bible says the C/R is, so let it be. Even though you both will get in the end (pun intended) if something goes wrong, they will get it gangland style. No lube of course.

I would think that a TO would be the top of the train, as they do operate it, can conduct it, get paid more, and promote from CRs. I suppose it's a mutual relationship, one cannot exist without another (but not vice versa... TO w/o CR). I still find that TO "pwns" CR :D

I would think that a TO would be the top of the train, as they do operate it, can conduct it, get paid more, and promote from CRs. I suppose it's a mutual relationship, one cannot exist without another (but not vice versa... TO w/o CR). I still find that TO "pwns" CR :D

That's wat I thought.

The C/R is in charge because if something goes wrong its the C/R job to rat the T/O out to Control. When I was a C/R I joked around about being In charge. Those that didn't know me (Rookies) seem to sweat it when they worked with me until they got to know me. Now as a T/O its a promotion but no longer in charge of the train. However when something happens Control ALWAY wants to talk with the T/O. In some case Control has over ruled C/R's and took the T/O side or believe the T/O over the C/R.

In the end, would one prefer to be a CR or TO... besides, is the pay difference really that big once we get down to it?

The train operators have to do a certain amount depending on what route they are on. and the conductor is in charge. i kno it sucks but its true.

In the end, would one prefer to be a CR or TO... besides, is the pay difference really that big once we get down to it?

Yes it is. Reak and File, non supervisory, safety sensitive, dealing with the public positions, T/Os make the most, followed by B/Os, then C/Rs.

In a way I liked being a C/R more then a T/O because its Less Responsablity you do your job and go home unlike T/O's have to lay up and put in trains.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.