R33ML/WF Refuse with a Flat wheel?

mark1447

The only part of the Bronx I enjoy railfanning is in Riverdale by the (1). I do plan on expanding my horizon and allow myself to railfan the entire Bronx one day. A few weeks ago, I ventured to the Bronx to catch the R32 (:P train.

Most Redbird that work the garbage train have had their windows removed and replaced with wire mesh. Also, the already is a Redbird muesum train, but it has not been used yet. Last time I saw it, the train was lay-up in the East.

Parts for the Arnines are getting rare or they do not exist at all from what I've heard. The redbirds there should be many parts from the 2001-2003 scrapping/reefing. The Arnines do need a little bit of a break. Bring them back next year. After all their ages range between 70-79 years old vs. the remaining redbirds, which were retired recently, are aged between 45-50 years old.

The arnines that the muesum has are in great shape. Parts can't be too rare because 1000 just came out for a trip this summer. At both the Sea Shore and Shore Line trolley museums they have arnines that operate. The one at Shoreline (BERA) which I have been working on is only taking so long because we do not have the proper facilities. While yea, there are alot more parts around for the Redbirds, they were beat to death and this is reflected in the stock of "spare parts". The TA arnine train does not need a break, infact the more it runs the better it is for the train. The guys who take care of that train do an amazing job and have made it very reliable, thats why is is used on the Christmas Shuttle on the (V) in December.

The arnines that the muesum has are in great shape. Parts can't be too rare because 1000 just came out for a trip this summer. At both the Sea Shore and Shore Line trolley museums they have arnines that operate. The one at Shoreline (BERA) which I have been working on is only taking so long because we do not have the proper facilities. While yea, there are alot more parts around for the Redbirds, they were beat to death and this is reflected in the stock of "spare parts". The TA arnine train does not need a break, infact the more it runs the better it is for the train. The guys who take care of that train do an amazing job and have made it very reliable, thats why is is used on the Christmas Shuttle on the (V) in December.

Yup all cars should come out every once in a while...keeps them running smooth. Let them sit too long and moving parts will bind up.

As for Arnine parts, they may be in short supply in general and obviously they're not making more, but there are plenty on hand to keep the train running.

It should also be noted that most subway car parts don't get replaced. Those which must be replaced are generally not ones which are hard to find.

Light bulbs, wheels, axles, batteries, and brake shoes are all fairly easy to find(these are the main parts which need replacement).

Everything else is either repaired, salvaged from elsewhere or made new.

Archived